Like Tree94Likes

is it fair to snip?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

A slightly more informative interpretation here http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/27/sc...myofpediatrics

However they say "may". Mind you it wasn't that long ago experts were writing these types of reports on the benefits of lobotomy. What I find slightly disturbing is this implies 2 year olds are out having unprotected sex with others. If we take the report as its meant to be taken it doesn't give any benefit to kids, just adults. So why not wait until those kids are able to make a decision themselves. Easy.

bryant.english and audiot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    A slightly more informative interpretation here http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/27/sc...myofpediatrics

However they say "may". Mind you it wasn't that long ago experts were writing these types of reports on the benefits of lobotomy. What I find slightly disturbing is this implies 2 year olds are out having unprotected sex with others. If we take the report as its meant to be taken it doesn't give any benefit to kids, just adults. So why not wait until those kids are able to make a decision themselves. Easy.
    'may' as in reduces the risk of transmission rather than eliminates the risk of transmission.

Although I have not researched this circumcision later in life probably does have the same effect as on new borns.

So in high risk communities such as those in the sub-sahara where HIV infection rates are very high it may be a valid medical procedure. In Europe / USA - probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    It's your choice but the evidence is quite clear.

From the recent report by the American Academy of Pediatrics,

Evaluation of current evidence .... regardless of whether the former are physicians, nurses, or traditional religious providers.

http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...ent/130/3/e756

The keyword there being American, where according to This data nearly 80% of males are circumcised as opposed to a tiny minority in much of Europe, not to mention Chinese, Japanese etc.

Expect emotive reactions from guys who are snipped - there's not much they can do about it, is there? Respect to my parents it wasn't done to me, and frankly it never entered my head when my son was born.

Interestingly American mothers are becoming less enamoured of the idea of their newborns being taken away and mutilated.

it should be an individuals choice...

I dont think circumcision is going to help prevent anyone getting AIDS before sexual maturity.. and then when they are mature they can make their own decisions about protections that have a better than 1 in 3 chance...

and incidentally sex with the non circumcised IS better

( http://www.restoringtally.com/blog/2...o-has-foreskin )

Quote Originally Posted by audiot:
    it should be an individuals choice...

I dont think circumcision is going to help prevent anyone getting AIDS before sexual maturity.. and then when they are mature they can make their own decisions about protections that have a better than 1 in 3 chance...

and incidentally sex with the non circumcised IS better

( http://www.restoringtally.com/blog/2...o-has-foreskin )
    Why do nearly all dildos represent circumcised penises?

That blog is hardly scientific evidence is it. Written by a man who clearly has issues.

There really is a load of bollocks talked about this subject.
    Last edited by hullexile; 14-09-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Why do nearly all dildos represent circumcised penises?

There really is a load of bollocks talked about this subject.
    I've not looked at many dildos Hull and certainly not, "nearly all", but I imagine its hard to identify a non-circumcised penis when a penis is fully erect.

I can tell you now that I have a lot of foreskin but when my penis is erect said skin is fully retracted.

I have to say though, while I obviously can't speak for those who've had the snip, a lot of the pleasure I get from sex comes from the up and down motion of the foreskin.

Also, given how sensitive my glans is when my foreskin is fully retracted, I have to conclude that people who've had the snip have lost sensitivity, walking would be impossible otherwise...

actually that blog points to many anecdotal statements by other women, who also consider intact penis's to be better...

what are the creationists stand on this I wonder? that the foreskin was intelligently designed to be snipped off?

Seems the american pediatric's are getting political perhaps - to change their advice when other moves are obviously afoot...

Men that are circumcised are definitely less sensitive downstairs, it would be a pretty awful life otherwise. One of my very close friends had this done to him and he has told me, that he does struggle to *ahem* at times and not always in a good way.

For all the girls (and guys if that's what you are into..) which would you rather and why? Snipped or non snipped?

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    I've not looked at many dildos Hull and certainly not, "nearly all", but I imagine its hard to identify a non-circumcised penis when a penis is fully erect.
    Well, you put that very sensitively, and here's very graphic evidence! Snipped or unsnipped, dildos don't make that distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by audiot:
    actually that blog points to many anecdotal statements by other women, who also consider intact penis's to be better...
    ...even if the guy's wearing a condom?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast