View Poll Results: Who won the Presidential TV debate?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

3 27.27%
  • Neither

1 9.09%
  • Romney

7 63.64%
Like Tree30Likes

Obama v Romney - Who won the debate?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    I scratch my head at the stupidity of the electorate these days both in the USA and my own country. The democratic process is great but voter stupidity runs pretty freaking high.
    I don't think many reputable scientists are going to back up Al's assertion that hurricane Sandy was caused by global warming.

Most politics today is about scaring people into thinking the other candidate is going to f%#kup or has no idea.

Original Post Deleted
    Typical fundamentalist distortion.

His message was obviously an attempt to frighten people into thinking exactly what I'd said.

Original Post Deleted
    Somehow, I don't think you're his intended audience, but happy to help.

F.A.O. East_coast:

Now here's what I call a half-decent test of political leanings.

What your booze says about your politics

East_coast likes this.

I really don't care...there's no way I'm swapping XX for Corona!

Quote Originally Posted by Lootoo:
    Go ahead and analyse their beliefs, then. I'm just pointing out why the candidates, and anyone working in their interests (either of them), won't be making this a big issue in the campaign: it's lose-lose for them.

As for the college grads, if they really believe in the Christian god, the question is why wouldn't they believe in creationism? It's written right there in the bible, and as we know from our studies of omnipotence, there is no reason whatsoever to question the Word of God on this point: If it really is the WoG, it happened. Perhaps the problem is that the god-fearing but creationism-denying college grads (given that 90% of Americans believe in "God", the 44%?) are allowed to "get away with" harboring contradictory beliefs. They want the comfort that goes with the whole god-experience, but don't have the strength of faith to stand tall in the face of ridicule...
    the tall tale of adam & eve is in the bible but how many are going to say they believe in talking snakes and people living for 1000 years? for many people the bible is a belief system that uses interesting and vivid stories to make its point. but to take it as the word of god; literally? Plain silly

Can't say I disagree. I'm just pointing out the logical consistency inherent in the concept of omnipotence (not that I agree that it is actually true). Hey, it's not my fault if my "God-given" ability to reason causes me to sincerely believe that God doesn't exist...

seems like common sense is prevailing and obama will be retained

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6