Like Tree70Likes

Slumlord / "development" secretary alleged drunk driving: muppets' responses

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    It's good to see that our resident driver/guitar player is well aware of the limits in place in HK.....
    Mat, I am teetotal. I don't need to know. Personally I don't think people should drive after any alcohol. My understanding however is that you could have a couple of small beers with lunch over a couple of hours and you'd be legal.....tell me I'm wrong, with evidence...
    dear giant and East_coast like this.

http://www.confused.com/car-insuranc...its-calculator

According to this, in England you'd probably be okay (legally) to have a pint and a half of 3.5% ale and drive....

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    However, in HK, the legal limit is high enough that one could have a couple of beers in a couple of hours and be legally fit.
    This is the case in most of the world.

For an average male of around 180lb / 80kg, 1 normal beer (350ml) per hour will keep you below the legal limit.
    http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm

Quote Originally Posted by dear giant:
    Three-Wise-Monkeys
    Arn't there FOUR wise monkeys?

The forth being 'DO NO EVIL'

Being a Slumlord and not seeing drink driving as serious are clear case of the 4th Monkey in action
    dear giant and bookblogger like this.

Where the f is his driver

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    Where the f is his driver
    Perhaps a little remorse of not setting a good example

Paul Chan responds to traffic incident

Secretary for Development Paul Chan said he will fully co-operate with the Police in their investigation into a traffic incident.

“Regarding the media reports today, I have taken the initiative to contact Traffic Hong Kong Island and hope that the Police will follow up on the case. I will fully co-operate with the Police in their investigation,” he said in a statement.

The chances of being convicted are close to zero but at least he could have said he realises mixing drink (even though he firmly believes he was well under the limit) with driving is not the cleverest idea and people should really aim to not take risks. Instead no remorse just business as usual.
    dear giant likes this.

Does anyone else remember the unmarried head of RTHK being hounded out of office over much less (pics of him w/an alleged hooker) a few years back?

People who have the capacity to feel shame and who aren't complete slimeballs are gradually being drummed out of office, leaving the shameless to rise to the top.

bookblogger likes this.

maybe he can do a rerun? he drinks the same 2 beers with the same meal and gets breathalysed after about the same duration... he can even talk the same s h i t

feel sure all the documentation is there!

dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    Mat, I am teetotal. I don't need to know. Personally I don't think people should drive after any alcohol. My understanding however is that you could have a couple of small beers with lunch over a couple of hours and you'd be legal.....tell me I'm wrong, with evidence...
    Apart from the fact that u implied in ur initial post that HK had much more lenient limits than Europe and HC proved you wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    For an average male of around 180lb / 80kg, 1 normal beer (350ml) per hour will keep you below the legal limit.
    So you can have 3 then?
    virago and TheBrit like this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast