Obama v/s The Republicans ....

Closed Thread

Obama v/s The Republicans ....

Can Obama realistically take on the seasoned Republican political machinery?

I'm confident Hillary and Bill can put up a good fight, but am worried that a flawed primary process will end up with a Obama / Edwards ticket for the Democrats.

So far, I've been very disappointed with both the Obama and Hillary / Bill campaigns... too much, too early.

Well I don't have a vote but if the choice is Obama or McCain then frankly either of them would be such a huge improvement on the current regime that it's not that big a deal.

In fact how about a McCain/Obama ticket? If I had a vote then I'd definitely go for that. McCain needs someone credible as his VP given his age, and it would be great experience for Obama so that next time round he would be a shoo-in.

In real world terms the difference in policies between Obama and McCain is minuscule (but the difference in experience is significant)

Last edited by PDLM; 27-01-2008 at 10:02 PM.

Yes, because the machine won't be running and all of the likely nominees from the GOP will have problems using the entire machine.
    The key for the GOP candidate will be does the GOP base stay home or hold its nose and vote.
    Why would the primary process be flawed in favor of Obama? I think it is flawed in favor of Hillary.

a simple flow-chart to determine your vote:

click here

"It's a love tap compared to the Wu-Tang fist of fury that's coming at this guy in the fall," said Rick Wilson, a Republican media consultant.
    If there was an award for the most appropriate use of the phrase wu-tang fist of fury this is it.