Like Tree27Likes

WTF!!!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

It's curious, you don't hear these kind of horror stories in Hong Kong, despite it's large multi-cultural expat community. What does that say about the city I wonder?

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    It's curious, you don't hear these kind of horror stories in Hong Kong, despite it's large multi-cultural expat community. What does that say about the city I wonder?
    Kids too busy trying to perfect violin, piano, ballet, second or third language and a martial art?
    elle likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Kids too busy trying to perfect violin, piano, ballet, second or third language and a martial art?
    Overbearing tiger moms are certainly preferable compared to honour killings!

Still, why don't we hear any kind of child killings for religious reasons in HK? You don't hear anything about some bride getting killed or burn to death over unpaid dowry and all that stuff.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 30-11-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Tiger moms are certainly preferable compared to honour killings!

Still, why don't we hear any kind of child killings for religious reasons in HK?
    You mean like you do for everywhere else It's kind of a random question...?

wc edited his post while I posted mine. Still a bit of a weird question though

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    You mean like you do for everywhere else It's kind of a random question...?
    Not really. We hear all kind of horror stories associated with fundamentalism in the West. Be it some honour killings, religious or not, in the UK or some crazy Christian fundamentalist cult in the bible belt of the US. But in HK you don't hear those kind of stories. Why is that?
    bryant.english likes this.

Muslim immigrants in American kill their kids all the time. There are several "honor" killings each year - usually its a daughter who shamed the family by becoming Americanized.

bryant.english likes this.

Sick parents and pressured society.

what are we arguing about again exactly?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile

I asked God for wealth, but I know he doesn't work that way so I have turned to stealing other people's hard earned cash and ask for his forgiveness.

Football16 likes this.