Like Tree161Likes

Children among 27 dead in Connecticut school shooting

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

It is sad that a tragedy like this doesn't push for more gun controls.

After the mass killings in Tasmania in the late nineties in Australia the gun controls put into place has reduced gun fatalities significantly across the country.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using GeoClicks Mobile

audiot likes this.

In the past few months we've had shootings in Movie theaters, Shopping Malls and now Kindergartens. Yet the republican party and the NRA keep spouting the same nonsense.... guns don't kill people, people kill people. The truth is that people with GUNS kill people.

If you send money to the NRA, you are responsible for these mass killings in my opinion. Obama needs to take on the NRA and put an end to this madness.

Do we really need assault rifles with extended clips? Semi-automatic hand guns? Sniper rifles? Kevlar piercing rounds?

Cwbguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by audiot:
    that day was 3 weeks ago on tuesday apparently......there was a big story on the BBC a few weeks ago that obviously had merit - no body got shot in NYC for 24 hours.....

so..... when the dust settles? the dust NEVER settles. there are multiple random gun shootings almost every week in the US.

after the last really big one, altho in reality there were many many that didn't get international news coverage, I subscribe to the brady campaign and set up donations..

( http://www.bradycampaign.org/ )

your time is valuable, rather than arguing on here for hours , please donate to start putting pressure to change things..
    I think it's callous and tasteless to play politics and argue moments after tragedies but it's your prerogative. I've said what I had to say...

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    I think it's callous and tasteless to play politics and argue moments after tragedies but it's your prerogative. I've said what I had to say...
    yes.. twee nee fake compassion for this people.. this moment of sadness happens so often I am numb to it, I've thought it through so many times....

and actually I'm referring to the aurora tragedy, the NFL shootings, the virginia one. etc etc ... is it time to discuss this in relation to those events?

basically starting to remove guns and making it harder and harder to get guns.. in a generation maybe just maybe you will be closer to the rest of the "less exceptional" world.

procrastinating is just another push spinning the merrygo round faster....

and what greater remembrance for a group of people than have an amendment named after them?

yes.. twee nee fake compassion for this people..

What an appalling mean-spirited thing to say. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    What an appalling mean-spirited thing to say. You should be ashamed of yourself.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile
    Totally agree, also how does one become "numb" to the deaths of children?

sorry but thats how I see it! saying we cannot discuss it is extremely shortsighted.

unfortunately we cannot bring these innocent children back to life, all we can do is try and lessen the chances of it happening again.. and to me thats more important than saying the "right thing" on a forum. yes I am sorry they are dead, and yes I am trying not to think about it too deeply, but I cant let it becos its never ending, this cycle of gun violence large and small, I would spend my entire life crying.
    How long before the next "big one"? how long before the next school slaughter? it wont surprise me anymore...

I'm sure some idiot is about to say oh he would have found a way to kill them anyway... guns dont kill people, its our right , or some other twoddle... the fact is people with guns kill people. not knifes not bombs etc

look at the crap the TSA gives people in the states now.. all because 3000 died in 9/11 - yet 11,000 people a year are shot in america every year..

no there's no problem?

sorry but thats how I see it! saying we cannot discuss it is extremely shortsighted.

unfortunately we cannot bring these innocent children back to life, all we can do is try and lessen the chances of it happening again.. and to me thats more important than saying the "right thing" on a forum. yes I am sorry they are dead, and yes I am trying not to think about it too deeply, but I cant let it becos its never ending, this cycle of gun violence large and small, I would spend my entire life crying.
    How long before the next "big one"? how long before the next school slaughter? it wont surprise me anymore...

I'm sure some idiot is about to say oh he would have found a way to kill them anyway... guns dont kill people, its our right , or some other twoddle... the fact is people with guns kill people. not knifes not bombs etc

look at the crap the TSA gives people in the states now.. all because 3000 died in 9/11 - yet 11,000 people a year are shot in america every year..

no there's no problem?

Agreed. The NRA is responsible for more deaths than al Queada or any other trumped up terrorist organization.

And I also agree that the time to talk about gun control is now! The republicans would like us to grieve and say prayers and all that other BS....but the best way to honor these children is to enact meaningful legislation and start addressing this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Totally agree, also how does one become "numb" to the deaths of children?
    By having it happen over and over and over again. Gun violence in the US has gotten to the point many people are growing numb to it. Sad.

This is a sad day.

As to the on-going debate let me just ask this: Do you really think that you can predict which mentally ill person will go on a killing spree and thereby prevent it?
    It seems to me that some (not all) of the shooters are only found to be mentally ill after the fact but until then they appeared very normal to others.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast