• Obama - Not US Citizen

23 38.33%
  • McCain - Not US Citizen

5 8.33%
  • Third Party / Independant - US Citizen

1 1.67%
  • Third Party / Independant - Not US Citizen

1 1.67%

Who would you vote for in the US elections?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

OK, I admit 72 is not too old to be President. So, if McCain can prove to me he is for a better America, and and end to war in Iraq, and not about to attack Iran, then I would vote for him in a second. Hillary would never get my vote, and Obama may be too inexperienced in todays politically hot world. So, McCain will get more attention from me.

His naval honors include the Silver Star, Bronze Star, Legion of Merit, Purple Heart, and the Distinguished Flying Cross.

So as a fellow shipmate, McCain would get my vote.

Last edited by PerryCo; 25-02-2008 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PerryCo:
    OK, I admit 72 is not too old to be President. So, if McCain can prove to me he is for a better America, and and end to war in Iraq, and not about to attack Iran, then I would vote for him in a second. Hillary would never get my vote, and Obama may be too inexperienced in todays politically hot world. So, McCain will get more attention from me.
    Just wondering...What does "for a better America" mean to you? I guarantee you it's different from my definition.

This is actually the kind of vague promise that Obama is known for...(not saying you're an Obama fan)

Quote Originally Posted by Krad:
    From left to right:

Clinton - Obama - McCain - Huckabee
    Obama's actual voting record would indicate he is to Hillary's left. His voice--perhaps I should say "words"--would indicate he is to Hillary's right.

Sounds like he is a politician. McCain isn't the only one in the race.

A good politician does not necessarly make a good stateman.................

From all indications, Hillary is losing her cool, and making Obama look good to voters. Forget McCain, as he is too old, and a clone of Bush.
    Perry: no way! just check out the 2000 republician primary and you would know the big difference of McCain and Bush.

for the past 8 years, Bush AND Cheney have ruined the future of America and both are the source of hatred toward Americans culture, capitalism and our foreign policies.

Obama is just rolling in the hot streak.... McCain is decent but will never get away with the critics withins his own party. Hillary-- "nah", the good old days of 1999 are long gone memory. why choose her again? aka "national health coverage" breaking promise.

America is at crossroad!!! either a 3rd party or independent individuals are qualified to lead our nation. It's a shame that the upcoming election result could be decided by the votes in Ohio, Florida and Penns State. Sorry! no offense to those voters!! just look at the result in 2000 and 2004.

John McCain has a very good chance of winning in November as long as Hillary and Obama continue to fight dirty. Voters will be turned off, and switch to McCain. Good thing about US political system, you don't have to follow party lines and vote for anyone you want.

So, McCain may be the final winner in November.

OK, chowfun, you asked: What does "for a better America" mean to you? I guarantee you it's different from my definition.

I don't know for sure that there is a better America in the future. So I made a mistaken comment. As for me, I am an ex-American citizen, and honestly don't care who is the president.

But I would vote for McCain if I could.

What makes me really sad in this election...is the total lack of content...

Form (where Obama wins) over content (none of them)....sad but true it seems....

The last thing I want to see happening is Obama (with his charismatic charms and his overly used vocabs "we" and "change" - why does the avg US mom and dad appeal to it??? god knows why...) wining the nominations for Democrats, leaving Clinton out of the race.

Because then, when the big election for the presidential race come about later on this year, voters will start to realise, the Democrats' came up with an influential leader, and while that's all nice and all, he doesn't really have any substance let alone experience (Obama honestly looks to me like a cool NYC I-Banker and nothing else...you know...the ones who tap their blackberry like its their only toy..). Whereas on the other hand, Clinton's got all her policies drafted out, and has strong stance on a lot issues, she knows how to do all the dirty work, and not just simply picturing the big (rosy) picture. Anyway, so if Obama beats Clinton, by year end when it comes to choosing between Obama vs McCain, it could be the case whereby voters start to wake up to the reality and pick the one who can actually do the nitty-gritty work (ie McCain) - and there goes the Democrats' dream.

Anyway, that's just some thoughts from a non-US chick who is finding this election somewhat interesting.

I don't know for sure that there is a better America in the future. So I made a mistaken comment.
    I respect you for being so honest and humble. Very few people are capable of admitting a mistake, no matter how small it is.