• Obama - Not US Citizen

23 38.33%
  • McCain - Not US Citizen

5 8.33%
  • Third Party / Independant - US Citizen

1 1.67%
  • Third Party / Independant - Not US Citizen

1 1.67%

Who would you vote for in the US elections?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    A good politician does not necessarly make a good stateman.................
    And vice-versa.

Whong/PerryCO--"Bush and Cheney have ruined the future of America"? All of it?? Forever? Hitler didn't even do that in Germany.
    And a third party guy is like voting for the opposite (for Nader equals for McCain).

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    And vice-versa.

Whong/PerryCO--"Bush and Cheney have ruined the future of America"? All of it?? Forever? Hitler didn't even do that in Germany.
    And a third party guy is like voting for the opposite (for Nader equals for McCain).
    Sleuth: Dont even bother put Hitler into this comparison. if we look at the past foreign policies, these two men are accountable for what they have done. Unfortunately, their current lameduck policies and recent bailouts will lead to a bigger mess. Sure! if you were oil tycoons or top 1% earners, you are in no position to worry bout it.

With Nader joining, looks like history will repeat itself. nice tactic by the Republicans!!!

Ron Paul.

And for those who say Obama doesn't have the experience:

Daily Kos: State of the Nation

Quote Originally Posted by whong:
    Sleuth: Dont even bother put Hitler into this comparison. if we look at the past foreign policies, these two men are accountable for what they have done. Unfortunately, their current lameduck policies and recent bailouts will lead to a bigger mess. Sure! if you were oil tycoons or top 1% earners, you are in no position to worry bout it.

With Nader joining, looks like history will repeat itself. nice tactic by the Republicans!!!
    I'm not saying they aren't accountable. I am not even saying I agree with what they did and did not do.
    I'm saying our statement about ruining America's future is rather open-ended and overly negative.
    You don't need Hitler, how about Hoover?
    The country will recover. Isn't that the whole Obama campaign in a nutshell?

Ok .. so from the looks of it. The population here does not represent the Texan / Ohio voters.

Given McCain's age, an interesting question is who he might pick for his VP... (assuming that the rational option of Obama isn't going to happen). Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Ok .. so from the looks of it. The population here does not represent the Texan / Ohio voters.
    Luckily!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Given McCain's age, an interesting question is who he might pick for his VP... (assuming that the rational option of Obama isn't going to happen). Any thoughts?
    Colin Powell would be my first choice if I'm McCain. Evens out the race card against Obama a bit and another strong, logical leader with impressive Military experience. Second choice would be Condoleezza Rice (Strong foreign policy knowledge, fluent in Rusky...which could come in handy dealing with Medvedev/Putin as it looks like a 3 way power struggle and military build up China vs. Russia vs. USA is about to escalate). Additionally, with her being African American and a Woman should help.
    Last edited by climber07; 05-03-2008 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    Colin Powell would be my first choice if I'm McCain. Evens out the race card against Obama a bit and another strong, logical leader with impressive Military experience.
    how bout putting Rice on the ballot and getting the women votes as well (Race and Gender)?

Once Obama clears the race, maybe he will get John Edward from the South and conservatives votes.

again watching today primary, it's still anybody's guess.

I think Colin Powell is out of politics for good. Rice might make some sense on a race/gender angle, but what about appealing to the right? What McCain really needs is a minority, female, right winger. Good luck.

I find the international support for Obama interesting. Is that just Clinton fatigue? The last time we elected a guy with no foreign policy experience, but who sounded good (a non-partisan, healer, not-a-divider guy) it didn't seem to work out so well internationally.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast