• Obama - Not US Citizen

23 38.33%
  • McCain - Not US Citizen

5 8.33%
  • Third Party / Independant - US Citizen

1 1.67%
  • Third Party / Independant - Not US Citizen

1 1.67%

Who would you vote for in the US elections?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Who would you vote for in the US elections?

Who would you vote for, if the elections where next week?

I've added the options for Americans and Non Americans to add to the poll separately.. (and votes have been made anonymous)

Last edited by KnowItAll; 22-02-2008 at 01:17 PM.

Ok .. 10 people .. so thats not a good sample.

I posted this following a discussion with an american reporter - i.e. Clinton is a brilliant brand outside of the US.

I would like to see Bloomberg, but I don't think he will run. Clinton, however, would make a good President. Obama doesn't have the exerpience yet. As Bush (43) has shown, Washington experience is good. Elect political nerds, they know how to get things done. There is are bigger political nerds family than the Clintons.

By the way, Colin Powell should have been the first black President of the USA. He could have defeated Clinton (42) in 1996. Instead Dole ran, opps!

Ron Paul, who is not a third party/independent (at least not this time) as I hate all 3 of the others and agree with him on a fair amount of issues.

I think that Barak will win however. He's quite charismatic.

Quote Originally Posted by chimo:
    Obama doesn't have the experience yet. As Bush (43) has shown, Washington experience is good.
    Experience at what exactly???? Experience at taking bribes? Make shady business deals and investments? Is experience to appoint ambassadors to Caribbean nations as favors? Or is it experience at pardoning criminals? Perhaps its experience in cutting down intelligence and military budgets that he lacks?

I am sorry but the whole "experience" argument is a pile of sh*t! Corrupt "Career Politicians" is exactly what is wrong with not only US democracy, but everywhere around the world.

Bush (43) didn't have experience? The guy was a Governor of Texas (which by itself is larger than most countries). Bush's only weakness is that he's a moron. However, the guy is genuine and has great charisma......Think about it, the democrats couldn't beat him TWICE!!! As stupid as this guy is, the American public thought he would be the better of the two evils for two consecutive Presidential Elections! That means that his opposition came across as that much worse.....SCARY!!!!!

The two party political system in the US does not work..period. It is not a "democracy." The country is politically polarized with communists and fascists becoming so close they are almost indistinguishable. The corruption and bureaucracy in the Federal government has reached disastrous proportions! Bush (43) is simply a result of decades of the degenerative dimming down of US public through lack of elementary education combined with extreme influence of Religion (need I say Creationism in public schools), and bustling entertainment industry is. What you've sown shall you reap.

America needs change, and this change needs to come in a form of an "inexperienced" politician. However, what it needs most of all is...is.....is..... TERMINATOR!!!

Say it with me Schwarzenegger for President 2012!

:bigparty

"I was elected to LEAD not to READ"

>> Say it with me Schwarzenegger for President 2012!

Right after you organize the constitutional change.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    >> Say it with me Schwarzenegger for President 2012!

Right after you organize the constitutional change.
    Its those damn little technicalities that always get in the way!

The "Dream Team" for me would be McCain for President with Obama as his Vice.

According to NYT's botched reporting .. he has other vices.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    According to NYT's botched reporting .. he has other vices.
    Very shaky reporting by the NYT.

But you left out a very popular choice in the US--"not Hillary". I have talked with a decent number of people who went to primaries to vote against Hillary. If she wins the primary, which appears unlikely according to those always 100% correct polls, a lot of people will pull that lever in November.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast