Like Tree3Likes

Possible covered up murder case in Singapore

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Possible covered up murder case in Singapore

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/afbdd...#axzz2KzVJrFJo

Quite chilling story, it sounds like a poorly handled case at best.

Quite a sad story with interesting things to it. China-US security, stress and worry getting a job.

Overseas - no wonder they have serious questions.

Too bad the family (likely too upset) didn't think to get an autopsy on US soil.

poorly handled on all sides really...

Drilling into what? According to the story, there were no holes in the wall. Police usually take crime scene photos, so maybe the answer will be there? It will be interesting to see how this story develops--hard to know what happened when only one party (without access to many of the facts) is talking...

My question was rhetorical (I did read the story!)...

However, there was never any suggestion that the holes had been drilled in the early hours of the morning, was there? I wouldn't say there is enough information to conclude anything at all at this point--the parents could have just not noticed the holes, or misunderstood the police description of the scene. I understand why the family would want to have their story out there now, but I also have the feeling that we are being manipulated.

TheBrit likes this.

hard to say what is going on. working in Singapore, I have NEVER come across corruption - indeed it's extremely clean. however, if somebody "on high" thinks that this should go away because of national security or such like, then I could easily see it being fudged. Who knows. As noted, we only have one side of the story and while the evidence sounds rather dodgy there may be a huge piece of the elephant we cannot see at all.

If you think there's no corruption in Singapore then you are being very naive.

TheBrit and elle like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    If you think there's no corruption in Singapore then you are being very naive.
    OK - let me rephrase - corruption in the GOVERNMENT (and related departments, which includes police). Private sector is entirely different.

Ugly murder cover-up/scandal in squeaky clean Singapore? Well one thing is for sure, the Singaporean government doesn't want this to get out to ruin their pr image...oops too late for that now I'm afraid.

Last edited by Watercooler; 18-02-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    OK - let me rephrase - corruption in the GOVERNMENT (and related departments, which includes police). Private sector is entirely different.
    Not strictly corruption... but sex scandal involving the (now former) parliamentary speaker:
    http://sg.news.yahoo.com/singapore-g...052455798.html

Another case, this time is it plain and square corruption with sex benefits: the sex for grades case in Singapore (public) sector:

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...trial-20130111

Ain't it nice to know that for all the moral righteous education the uptight Singapore gov spews out, quite a number of them give in to their more...carnal desires. So Singaporeans are humans after all (Kidding!) hahaha.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 18-02-2013 at 04:21 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast