Like Tree42Likes

10 arrested for formula smuggling

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

10 arrested for formula smuggling

Set aside our ideas for open, free, and transparent economy and make formula smuggling the number one priority !!

http://www.news.gov.hk/en/categories...1_145330.shtml

dear giant likes this.

This is good news. Kudos to Hong Kong and Shenzhen officials for restoring normalcy to the east rail. For those of us who use it daily...it is a much more pleasant ride.

I agree with closedcasket, if you're using the East Rail daily, you do appreciate things getting back to normal. One is now actually able to get on and off a train without having to climb over boxes, bags, suitcases, etc.... not to mention having to use your elbows and knees to actually get off the train (before Lowu or Lok Ma Chao station). I'll probably miss the profound education I was getting on the trains when it comes to swear words in Putonghua (and yes, I tested them during Putonghua lessons, and some of them made the teachers blush - which shows that I am a good listener ).

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    This is good news. Kudos to Hong Kong and Shenzhen officials for restoring normalcy to the east rail. For those of us who use it daily...it is a much more pleasant ride.
    This is just for show. Letz talk again in a week or so. Them commie smugglers are already changing their tactics. They come with their kids and strollers, plus they use backpacks to avoid queuing up at the baggage lane where they are weighed and sorted out. The authorities are always a step behind and the public must always take it to the streets to make them aware of the problem. It's an utterly useless government.
    Last edited by Azuremain; 01-03-2013 at 11:39 PM.
    dear giant likes this.

Trust me, they'll just find over things to smuggle over the border.

dear giant and Azuremain like this.

and I thought they all went home to celebrate CNY
    seems like sheung shui station has returned to it's former self (for now)

but to be honest, 2 cans per day is only a temporary solution targeted at baby formula only.

Why not restrict people from entering/leaving HK (or china) multiple times a day? that would put a stop on all organized mass smuggling.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    Trust me, they'll just find over things to smuggle over the border.

Thats fine by me.... as long as they keep the size and quantity down. The east rail line looked more like a cargo line (from Fanling to Lo Wu) a month ago. Now it has returned to looking somewhat like a passenger line.

Plus you can actually take kids to sheung shui station again and not worry about them getting stampeded by hordes of mainlanders dragging massive boxes of formula. Don't get me wrong, Sheung Shui station is still no fun to walk around, but it has gotten a lot better...
    MovingIn07 and dear giant like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuremain:
    This is just for show. Letz talk again in a week or so. Them commie smugglers are already changing their tactics. They come with their kids and strollers, plus they use backpacks to avoid queuing up at the baggage lane where they are weighed and sorted out. The authorities are always a step behind and the public must always take it to the streets to make them aware of the problem. It's an utterly useless government.
    I've noticed here in Fo Tan that they have started using those plastic weave shopping bags from local stores and layering them with clothes. They'll have six to eight cans in a large bag, but only reveal two at the top. They're quick to adapt. Mind you, I do not think that this should be regulated, even though it was a little annoying finding formula for our younger daughter while she was still under a year.
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fraxbo:
    I've noticed here in Fo Tan that they have started using those plastic weave shopping bags from local stores and layering them with clothes. They'll have six to eight cans in a large bag, but only reveal two at the top. They're quick to adapt. Mind you, I do not think that this should be regulated, even though it was a little annoying finding formula for our younger daughter while she was still under a year.

You might feel differently if you lived or had to use the sheung shui station on a regular basis. You had to see it to believe it. It was mass chaos in and around Sheung Shui, it was difficult getting in and out of the station without pushing and shoving your way out.......
    dear giant likes this.

I just find it funny that in this small sample, 8/10 were hk residents. You see the locals all complaining about mainlanders, but some of the people of hk are equally to be blamed.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast