Like Tree31Likes

Chris Huhne and Vicky Pryce jailed for eight months

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

This is very common in HK, getting someone to take the points, professional drivers even pay 1K per point for someone else to take the blame so that they can carry on working. Is it wrong off course it is, will I do it if it happened to me, Hell yes.

ouwen

[QUOTE=shenwen;2322890]Huge amount of contempt but not related to the Huhne affair. On the whole though I would take the Engish legal system over that of many other countries, including the US.

Overall, the U.S. has approximately 25 percent of the entire global prison population even though it only has 5 percent of the total global population. The United States has the highest incarceration rate on the entire globe by far, and no nation in the history of the world has ever locked up more of its own citizens.

The two largest private prison companies combined to bring in close to $3,000,000,000 in revenue in 2010, and the largest private prison companies have spent tens of millions of dollars on lobbying and campaign contributions over the past decade. Putting Americans behind bars has become very big business, and those companies have been given a perverse incentive to push for even more Americans to be locked up. It is a system that is absolutely teeming with corruption, and it is going to get a lot worse

A Conservative MP has asked the CPS to appeal the sentences because they are too light.

[QUOTE=ouwen;2323498]

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    Huge amount of contempt but not related to the Huhne affair. On the whole though I would take the Engish legal system over that of many other countries, including the US.

Overall, the U.S. has approximately 25 percent of the entire global prison population even though it only has 5 percent of the total global population. The United States has the highest incarceration rate on the entire globe by far, and no nation in the history of the world has ever locked up more of its own citizens.

The two largest private prison companies combined to bring in close to $3,000,000,000 in revenue in 2010, and the largest private prison companies have spent tens of millions of dollars on lobbying and campaign contributions over the past decade. Putting Americans behind bars has become very big business, and those companies have been given a perverse incentive to push for even more Americans to be locked up. It is a system that is absolutely teeming with corruption, and it is going to get a lot worse
    don't like those black folks much either

(actually interesting documentary on US prisons showing how the white prison population is rising fast. The reason: meth)

don't like those black folks much either
    Wow! That's so racist.

Have you actually met any black people? I'm shocked.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7