Like Tree298Likes

Soldier beheaded in Woolwich, UK. Sickening.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

In the uk the christians won, so they don't need to fight anymore - though obviously watch for the retaliatory attacks on innocent muslims to come. The christians are killing people overseas instead.

If the christians had not got control of the uk, they'd be the ones killing people, and citing almost identical justification.

Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    I think you meant Israelis killing Palestinians.

True buddhist is definitely not killing anyone.

Also... it's Lebanese feeling justified to take back its land from the Israelis through violence.

Why so controlled?
    Does that include israeli muslims killing palestinian jews? I suspect not. And there are plenty of muslims who will argue that a true muslim doesn't kill people either.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile
    MovingIn07 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    In the uk the christians won, so they don't need to fight anymore - though obviously watch for the retaliatory attacks on innocent muslims to come. The christians are killing people overseas instead.

If the christians had not got control of the uk, they'd be the ones killing people, and citing almost identical justification.
    In what sense have the Christians got control of the UK? It's a secular country. All forms of religion have been progressively marginalized.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/br...sm-new-tyranny

Who is being killed overseas in the name of Christianity?

Does that include israeli muslims killing palestinian jews? I suspect not. And there are plenty of muslims who will argue that a true muslim doesn't kill people either.

If it were a matter of Muslim killing Jews, I'd probably have to intervene my Muslim friend from killing my Jew friend here in Hong Kong or vice versa.

As it's a regional dispute, they're killing each other in that region and not in Hong Kong - hence, it's not actually a matter between Jews or Muslims but an occupational issue between Israelis and Palestinian in that region.

Recent news in Burma portrayed "Buddhist" being activist. That alone is not true Buddhism. You don't 'become' Buddhism, but your certain behavior is what makes you a Buddhist. But people in the news organization likes to put labels on people conveniently.

I'm getting to a point where I also don't know enough to comment any further.
    Last edited by Creative83; 24-05-2013 at 12:22 AM.

The head of the country has to be christian. Sharia law does not apply. There are more christians than muslims, more churches than mosques...

Iraq, afghanistan etc, it's muslims being killed by british soldiers, on behalf of UK.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like any organised religions, but to be wondering why christians aren't attacking people on behalf of christianity in a christian country seems a bit daft.

bak875 and MovingIn07 like this.

If it were a matter of Muslim killing Jews, I'd probably have to intervene my Muslim friend to not kill my Jew friend here in Hong Kong or vice versa.

As it's a regional dispute, they're killing each other in that region and not in Hong Kong - hence, it's not actually a matter between Jews or Muslims but an occupational issue between Israelis and Palestinian in that region.
    Are you for real?

Recent news in Burma portrayed "Buddhist" being activist. That alone is not true Buddhism. But people in the news organization likes to put labels on people without making distinctions.
    Well quite. Like 'muslim' for example.

The head of the country has to be christian. Sharia law does not apply. There are more christians than muslims, more churches than mosques...

Iraq, afghanistan etc, it's muslims being killed by british soldiers, on behalf of UK.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like any organised religions, but to be wondering why christians aren't attacking people on behalf of christianity in a christian country seems a bit daft.

What's Sharia got to do with anything?
    Why would that be a measurement of the prevalence of Islam?
    Does Turkey have Sharia law?
    Are the ten commandments part of British law?

What about the muslim British soldiers?

"If the christians had not got control of the uk, they'd be the ones killing people, and citing almost identical justification"

So why are the jews, hindus and Sikhs not killing people? they haven't got control of the UK.
    Last edited by arrowsmith; 24-05-2013 at 12:31 AM.

Original Post Deleted
    I know you guys don't get it. It's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by arrowsmith:
    What's Sharia got to do with anything?
    Why would that be a measurement of the prevalence of Islam?
    Does Turkey have Sharia law?
    Are the ten commandments part of British law?
    Ok forget sharia law, but the head of state is the head of the church of england and there are more christians than any other religion. By my reckoning that makes the uk a christian country
    What about the muslim British soldiers?
    What about them?

"If the christians had not got control of the uk, they'd be the ones killing people, and citing almost identical justification"

So why are the jews, hindus and Sikhs not killing people? they haven't got control of the UK.
    presumably because the british army isn't in india and israel killing jews, hindus and sikhs.

though the ira was killing people in the uk until fairly recently.

I think you meant Israelis killing Palestinians.

True buddhist is definitely not killing anyone.
    So if we were to argue that true Muslims are not killing anyone (but extremist/lunatic people claiming to act in the name of Islam do) you would agree?

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    I'm an Islamaphobe in that I'm scared of Islamic extremism and I can't tell the difference between a moderate and an extremist... These guys are nutjobs..... Of course it's not racist, Islam is a religion, not a race.
    As an English teacher you should know better, the concept of race isn't limited to biology / ethnicity:
    Race is a classification system used to categorize humans into large and distinct populations or groups by anatomical, cultural, ethnic, genetic, geographical, historical, linguistic, religious, or social affiliation.
    Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_(human_classification)
    closedcasket likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast