Like Tree298Likes

Soldier beheaded in Woolwich, UK. Sickening.

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Original Post Deleted
    So even a bombing of the soldier's barracks would not qualify as terrorism as long as no civilians are targetted, but who may work there and be killed as "collateral damage"?
    Last edited by Raccon; 24-05-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    Lootoo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Raccon. Just because the left has shifted the goalposts to include religion in the concept of race doesn't mean everyone has to sheepishly follow it in their minds.
    Who are those leftist exactly? They seem quite powerful that they can impose their views (definitions) on others so easily.

Anyway, that very definition of race has existed since the early 16th century, so there was no need for the left to shift any goalpost:
    Origin:

early 16th century (denoting a group with common features): via French from Italian razza, of unknown ultimate origin
    Just to add, I would like to see the end of all religions, not just Islam although I do believe that, in the world at the moment, Islam is behind more violence and repression than any other religion by a long shot!
    There you go - it's not Islam that is responsible for the terror but radicalized individuals or groups of that faith.
    If you can't differentiate between the two then perhaps we should just accept that you are a bigot. (There you have another word than 'racist'.)

religion - we're born atheists then we are brainwashed into whatever is the dominant religion in our family or country....they are taught that their way is the right way and everyone else is going to hell. By default religious people are suffering from delusions. One way to help them is to point out the stupid inconsistencies in their beliefs...
    If you think that helps them you are being delusional. I consider myself an Atheist but I don't need to go on the offensive against people that have religious believes as long as they leave me alone and don't use it to oppress or hurt others.
    Obviously that does not include terrorists or other extremists that act in the name of their religion to achieve whatever twisted goals they have.

So, I'm not going to see debate stifled because religions and lefties climbed into bed together and said criticising religion is now racism.....f%ck them, it's not the same.....and wake up!
    Who is trying to stifle the debate?

Quote Originally Posted by arrowsmith:
    I'm inclined to agree with him. We do need to promote, atheism, skepticism etc and encourage rational thought processes not superstitious ones. As long as it'd done in a peaceful and civilized manner.
    Why do we 'need' to enforce our believes onto others if they don't bother us or hurt / oppress others? - If others find relief and solace in such believes then why not let them be?

I think education is the key (which should include rational thought process) but in the end everyone should be able to decide if they want to be religious or not.
    MovingIn07 and usehername like this.

Not in Britain there is not. It's a recurring theme.

7/7 Bombings
    Abu Qatada
    the Birmingham plot to kidnap a soldier
    Richard Reid the shoe bomber
    now these guys

Despite the fact that the majority of Muslims are civilized, law abiding citizens there appears to be something within the religion that is driving certain young men to commit atrocities.

It does not seem to be happening with other religions and it is not Islamophobic to point this out.
    There is a school of thought in the USA where I have heard interviews of former senior US foreign service people that the drone killings with so much collateral damage (innocent civilians) is driving a lot of the anger and rage leading to these senseless a..holes doing things like this or the Boston bombing.

Al Jazeerra carries some interviews that suggest the US need to cut this back big time. Guantanamo where the hunger strikes are ongoing and people imprisoned for years without charge ain't helping either.

If the US didn't have its power and if there weren't 100 treaties the US signed with 100 countries to ensure no American has to face charges in the International Criminal Courts, everyone from George Bush, Jr on would be war criminals for what has gone on there and how they are holding people for years without charge.

It is generally accepted that the US military forces have had a far less threshold of what constitutes imminent danger allowing drones or even attack helicopters to fire into cities than any other western force including the UK. That is historically why in recent years the US has been guilty of killing innocents in their desire to get terrorists and "friendly fire" where they fired on their own forces.

I agree more Muslims seem to terrorists but I think it is freaking time for the USA and their lap dog on terror - the UK to end the war on terror as it creating more terrorists than doing good.

The worst situation is that these new a..holes in terror are not disenfranchised, unemployed any more.

I didn't see this show:
    Is It Time To End The War On Terror?

by NPR Staff
    September 13, 2011 3:38 PM

But like the war on drugs being lost in North America there are just too many vested interests in the game of terror to get things debated to a more logical set of outcomes.

http://www.npr.org/2011/09/13/140342...-war-on-terror
    Last edited by Football16; 24-05-2013 at 11:37 AM. Reason: add tape.
    cheepo and virago like this.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    I posted a thread a few weeks ago regarding logical fallacies....guess you missed that?
    Bryant and logic

Wait till you see Sharia law in Britain..
    Here comes Mr Logic.

Thanks for that analysis Prof

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    Bryant and logic

Here comes Mr Logic.

Sharia courts already exist in the UK and are legally allowed to operate within the Islamic community. Past tense...
    INXS likes this.

[QUOTE=Raccon;2406970]
    Why do we 'need' to enforce our believes onto others if they don't bother us or hurt / oppress others? - If others find relief and solace in such believes then why not let them be?QUOTE]

Because even moderately religious people bother us. there has been a significant amount of lobbying in the USA regarding evolution being taught in schools. This doesn't constitute keeping their beliefs to themselves.

INXS and cheepo like this.

But the idea that these people are just psychopaths or loonies randomly associating themselves with Islam is completely naïve.

People who knew this guy are saying he was just a normal, everyday young man not so long ago. He had no history of mental health problems. He was radicalised specifically by an alternative interpretation of the tenets is Islam.

Because even moderately religious people bother us. there has been a significant amount of lobbying in the USA regarding evolution being taught in schools. This doesn't constitute keeping their beliefs to themselves.
    I see your point but I don't think you should consider anyone with a different opinion (grounded in religion or otherwise) a bother.
    Remember when I said education might be the key? In this particular case evolution should not be removed from the curriculum, then the teaching will not be constrained by the parents lobbying and the kids can eventually make their own decision to believe in evolution or creationism.

But the idea that these people are just psychopaths or loonies randomly associating themselves with Islam is completely naïve.
    Who said?
    Last edited by Raccon; 24-05-2013 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    Remember when I said education might be the key? In this particular case evolution should not be removed from the curriculum, then the teaching will not be constrained by the parents lobbying and the kids can eventually make their own decision to believe in evolution or creationism.
    Uh?

Hahaha. Yes, that might be the solution to lack of education radicalising people: stop educate people.

Quote Originally Posted by shenwen:
    Bryant and logic

Here comes Mr Logic.

And here comes Mr. Useful Input

Oh Shenwen and his useful input

Thanks for that useful input!

Now run along!
    Last edited by INXS; 24-05-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: remove the words 'penis'and 'breath

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast