Like Tree298Likes

Soldier beheaded in Woolwich, UK. Sickening.

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    usehername, well there are the Shi'as and the Sunnis... Apparently there must a way to tell the difference between them because, in some countries, they're often busy killing each other - all over who should have taken charge a millennium ago.
    Abit like Catholics and Protestants really!

You got sufi and alevi as well for which alevi's even drink and sing

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Religion: Fucking up the world since forever.

MovingIn07, Satay Sue and Cwbguy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    You got sufi and alevi as well for which alevi's even drink and sing
    Yes, yes, but they're all brown and bearded and all terrifying, right on the verge of bombing the innocent white folk up. Right, INXS?

Religion: Fucking up the world since forever.
    Unfortunately human beings like to "belong". Religion gives them a sense of belonging. As does nationality (never causes wars that eh?) or sport (no violence there) or protesting (occupy movement anyone?) or a cause (is environmentalism the new religion?).

At least sports keep you healthy at the same time!

I presumed you meant Sharia law superceding English law, rather than the existence of Shariah courts that are not legally binding.
    Luckily your presumptions are not my problem....

For the record, Judaism has its own courts.
    How interesting....not.

(hard to as my parents were both immigrants - white and non-Muslim though, so maybe wouldn't bother you as much).
    Colour of their skin wouldn't bother me at all. If they believe their paedophile prophet flew to heaven on a unicorn and think it's cool to suppress women, suppress freedom, mutilate girl's genitals, etc....then yes, it would bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Unfortunately human beings like to "belong". Religion gives them a sense of belonging. As does nationality (never causes wars that eh?) or sport (no violence there) or protesting (occupy movement anyone?) or a cause (is environmentalism the new religion?).

At least sports keep you healthy at the same time!
    This is it. Unfortunately Non-religious, non-nationalist, tolerant, rational people make up a significant minority of the world's population.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Colour of their skin wouldn't bother me at all. If they believe their paedophile prophet flew to heaven on a unicorn and think it's cool to suppress women, suppress freedom, mutilate girl's genitals, etc....then yes, it would bother me.
    What bothers me, is that they want all these things for Europe. If they do it in their stupid countries I don't care.

usehername, well there are the Shi'as and the Sunnis... Apparently there must a way to tell the difference between them because, in some countries, they're often busy killing each other - all over who should have taken charge a millennium ago.
    Absolutely - what IS the difference? I've no idea, but there must be one and I think it would help the image of islam as a whole if muslims did more to make the rest of the world understand they're not all the same.

Who are the liberal muslims? What is that group called? My husband and many of his friends are muslim, and they are very liberal - but if you ask them what kind of muslim they are, they just say 'a muslim'. There needs to be a specific name for these types of muslims, the ones who drink, date non-muslims, don't get upset about cartoons or youtube videos; normal everyday people who just want to live their lives with no desire to kill or convert anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    Absolutely - what IS the difference? I've no idea, but there must be one and I think it would help the image of islam as a whole if muslims did more to make the rest of the world understand they're not all the same.

Who are the liberal muslims? What is that group called? My husband and many of his friends are muslim, and they are very liberal - but if you ask them what kind of muslim they are, they just say 'a muslim'. There needs to be a specific name for these types of muslims, the ones who drink, date non-muslims, don't get upset about cartoons or youtube videos; normal everyday people who just want to live their lives with no desire to kill or convert anybody.
    How do you call a group of liberal Christian? A group of liberal Sikh? A group of liberal Jews?

Closed Thread
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast