Like Tree298Likes

Soldier beheaded in Woolwich, UK. Sickening.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Soldiers aren't supposed to follow orders blindly. There is a moral responsibility to disobey orders that go against one's conscience. When you volunteer to serve, you should realize that one day you might disagree with your orders. In such a case, you either do the right thing, disobey and accept the punishment, or you go along with it and use the good old Nurnberg Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    That's so true, 2.30 in the afternoon, deranged blood soaked killers on the loose, and everything seems so normal.

Apart from a decapitated dead body in the road.

No one screaming or panicking as I imagine would happen in some other countries, just calm.

Unbelievable.
    I can just imagine them muttering " oh dear, that'll spoil my appetite... put on the kettle love, and lets make a cuppa"
    Xenophobic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire:
    Soldiers aren't supposed to follow orders blindly. There is a moral responsibility to disobey orders that go against one's conscience. When you volunteer to serve, you should realize that one day you might disagree with your orders. In such a case, you either do the right thing, disobey and accept the punishment, or you go along with it and use the good old Nurnberg Defense.
    Maybe they don't follow them blindly. Maybe they make a decision based on the information they have been given.

Like there are WMD's in Iraq for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfire:
    But when they are out of uniform, they are just ordinary civilians. There is simply no justification whichever way you look at this.
    nobby15 likes this.

Seems to be only daily mail and HK press that says he's beheaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwbguy:
    That's so true, 2.30 in the afternoon, deranged blood soaked killers on the loose, and everything seems so normal.

Apart from a decapitated dead body in the road.

No one screaming or panicking as I imagine would happen in some other countries, just calm.

Unbelievable.
    I can just imagine them muttering " oh dear, that'll spoil my appetite... put on the kettle love, and lets make a cuppa"
    Xenophobic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Seems to be only daily mail and HK press that says he's beheaded.
    The Torygraph also reporting it as decapitation but they're a lot less in your face than the Daily Mail:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...s-streets.html

I'm with pin and the stupid religion bullshit.

Cwbguy, drumbrake and Satay Sue like this.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    Thats what I couldn't believe. Even the killer seemed so calm and relaxed....strange indeed.

Where was the help from the bystanders? I guess its hard to help when the guy is weilding a knife.
    One of them had a knife and the other guy a gun. Still think it makes sense trying to help a dead body?

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    The Torygraph also reporting it as decapitation but they're a lot less in your face than the Daily Mail:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...s-streets.html
    Where does the report say that he was beheaded?

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    Where does the report say that he was beheaded?
    "And I saw a guy with no head lying on the ground. He had been decapitated..."

The link to the actual article on the "front page" is

"Terror on the streets: How the attack unfolded
    Reconstruction of events that saw two suspected terrorists behead soldier outside a barracks in Woolwich"

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast