Like Tree298Likes

Soldier beheaded in Woolwich, UK. Sickening.

Closed Thread
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    I'm taking the piss out of people who follow religion, in this case you've chosen to spotlight, Islam.
    Just because you say it doesn't make it true. You're 'spotlighting' Islam with your apparent hate for it. I'm sorry for you that you're so furious with muslims. Must be a difficult 'cross to bear', oh dear convert

You obviously are incapable of rational thought iliketurtles and I don't want to spend my Saturday banging my head against a brick wall.

Have a nice day.
    Oh I though I was just getting somewhere with you by pushing you to answer some difficult questions instead of spouting your usual sensationalist and islamophobic rhetoric. Shame. I thought I was making you a better atheist ('lord' knows you need it!).

I will have a wonderful day, thanks!

I have read the United Nation's ever expanding definition of race and I reject it as do many.

Race is something you're born into, your genes. You can't change it. You can't take it up in your teens or when you're at college....you can't grow out of it or be an extremist or a moderate. You don't need men in funny hats to bother you every weekend in case the illusion evaporates.

Make a new term - 'religionist' maybe. I'll put my hand up to that.

I'm taking the piss out of people who follow religion, in this case you've chosen to spotlight, Islam. People who follow Islam come from many different races and are more than just their religion. If they choose to make that religion their core identity it's their choice. I enjoy tracking weather as a hobby, I won't get offended if you insult it.. No amateur meteorologists I know of are killing people in the name of amateur meteorology. I give amateur meteorology higher status than Islam or any religion because it is evidence based science.

Religious people....well....their beliefs are grossly offensive to me....reflect on that.

Atheism has its own gods, and they are vigorously worshipped......

I don't like pushy atheists any more than religious zealots..

Please, stop your pontificating...and move on..
    historian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    Atheism has its own gods, and they are vigorously worshipped......

I don't like pushy atheists any more than religious zealots..

Please, stop your pontificating...and move on..
    Well said. There's only one thing worse than ignorant religious zealots and that is ignorant atheist zealots. Especially those with no credibility.

You have a Christian friend, they are teaching their kids that there is an invisible man in the sky and if you believe in his dead son, you'll go to heaven when you die....if you don't you'll go to hell and burn and be tortured for ever and ever but he loves you, he loves you so much......

That's cool with you?
    Most good atheists were once indoctrinated into religion; perhaps that is actually a prerequisite?

I'm an optimist: I don't care what children are told to believe, so long as they learn how to think they should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    There's only one thing worse than ignorant religious zealots and that is ignorant atheist zealots.
    I'm happy to oppose ignorant atheist zealots, but not because I think they are in any way "worse" than equally ignorant religious zealots. I'm not even sure on what basis you could make such a claim. Worse for whom?

Religious zealotry essentially operates to provide a license for perpetrating what would otherwise be considered heinous acts against fellow human beings. Atheist zealotry seems to consist mainly of removing cricifixes from classrooms, nativity scenes from public property and banning the wearing of certain types of headwear in certain places. Bothersome and silly, perhaps, but worse than, well, you-know-what?
    INXS and ouwen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    Well said. There's only one thing worse than ignorant religious zealots and that is ignorant atheist zealots. Especially those with no credibility.
    What a load of complete and utter fucking bollocks.

How many people have died as a direct result of ignorant atheistic zealotry?
    INXS, ouwen, Claire ex-ax and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by arrowsmith:
    What a load of complete and utter fucking bollocks.

How many people have died as a direct result of ignorant atheistic zealotry?
    Well I'm an atheist myself, but since you asked:

Mao - about 30 million
    Stalin - about 20 million
    Pol Pot - about 1.5 million

To name but 3 examples.
    closedcasket likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dipper:

Mao - about 30 million

To name but 3 examples.
    Not how many atheists have killed many people! How many have killed in the name of atheism...

Nice try though.
    Claire ex-ax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dipper:

Mao - about 30 million

To name but 3 examples.
    How many of those people were killed in the name of atheism?

How much of the inspiration for the atrocities those people committed was drawn from atheist texts or ideas?

Correlation doesn't imply causation.
    INXS and Claire ex-ax like this.

Closed Thread
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 ... LastLast