Like Tree298Likes

Soldier beheaded in Woolwich, UK. Sickening.

Closed Thread
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 41 ... LastLast

btw...jj...you call me arrogant yet here you are claiming to speak for the forum. Check yourself.

Sent from my GT-S6102 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    So they wouldn't be your friends if they went, say, twice a week?

Point me to the bit that isn't absurd.

So they're not religious?

With respect Mat, I would say your friends are on the fringe!

So they leave the job of indoctrination to the Priest, who presumably does believe that Jesus turned water into wine, maybe...

From one extreme to another eh Mat...lol

1- of course, it goes without saying....
    2- if you take whatever is written in the bible, ...literally it will be absurd. If you just go to church/temple etc etc as a way to reflect on ur self, think abt what u can do better etc etc I don't see what is absurd. Sure you can do it at home too.
    3- define religious (that where all the problem lies, so good luck with that)
    4- if you say so
    5- of course, he also thinks that Jesus can walk on water.

People trying to convince others that religion is evil are as tiring as people trying to convince you to believe in this god or that god.
    Just enjoy ur life INXS and may I recommend a bit less Geo for you :-) Addiction.....not too good.
    INXS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    People trying to convince others that religion is evil are as tiring as people trying to convince you to believe in this god or that god.
    Indeed. Religion isn't inherently evil per se, although it is inherently irrational and absurd. Sadly though, a significant number of practioners of religion have used, and continue to use, religion as the sole justification for evil deeds. However, one major religion in particular, i.e. Islam, is, in my view, evil for several reasons, including its insistence that all children of Muslims are Muslim and that the penalty for anyone so born who decides otherwise is death.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Indeed. Religion isn't inherently evil per se, although it is inherently irrational and absurd. Sadly though, a significant number of practioners of religion have used, and continue to use, religion as the sole justification for evil deeds. However, one major religion in particular, i.e. Islam, is, in my view, evil for several reasons, including its insistence that all children of Muslims are Muslim and that the penalty for anyone so born who decides otherwise is death.
    Not true. My son won't be raised muslim; many of my husband's muslim friends aren't raising their children as muslim and none of them are expecting anyone to get murdered because of it.

btw...jj...you call me arrogant yet here you are claiming to speak for the forum. Check yourself.

Sent from my GT-S6102 using GeoClicks mobile app
    You're so conceited. A better man would put tail between legs and back off. You have no idea how foolish you look.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    That's your barometer? Have you read the bible? The last time you made an assessment on Islam, you were incorrect and when asked to clarify, you fell silent. Are you telling me the bible doesn't make the same assertions?
    Last edited by iliketurtles; 01-06-2013 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    I think his conclusion is wrong - the problem is not believing what you are told but rather what your are told to believe.

@usehername,

Then on what basis are you (or your husband) a Muslim ?

Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 01-06-2013 at 05:59 PM.

I have read the United Nation's ever expanding definition of race and I reject it as do many.
    I have already proven to you it's not something the UN or leftist came up with.

Make a new term - 'religionist' maybe. I'll put my hand up to that.
    I proposed 'bigot' previously. You ok with that?

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    That's your barometer? Have you read the bible? {...} Are you telling me the bible doesn't make the same assertions?
    I certainly can't find any evidence that it does. Could you please provide a link if you think it does?

But that's irrelevant anyway - if Christianity does make that apostasy a crime punishable by death then it too is evil.

And for Islam there are apparently 14 countries where apostasy for Muslims is a serious offence, with the death penalty in 9 of them.

Closed Thread
Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 41 ... LastLast