Like Tree298Likes

Soldier beheaded in Woolwich, UK. Sickening.

Closed Thread
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 45 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    It doesn't matter. The effect will be the same. Wherever Islam flourishes freedom is restricted, women's rights are tossed aside and minorities are marginalised......look at Turkey..
    Religion (doesn't matter which one) has always had a major influence in a society and its laws. Christian for Europe and the Americas and Islam for the Middle East.

Once Islam becomes the dominate religion in the UK laws would most likely change reflecting that religious ideology.
    INXS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by historian:
    Religion (doesn't matter which one) has always had a major influence in a society and its laws. Christian for Europe and the Americas and Islam for the Middle East.

Once Islam becomes the dominate religion in the UK laws would most likely change reflecting that religious ideology.
    That was because the majority of people were christians in the west and muslim in the middle east. In 20 years most people in the uk won't be muslim. It's not the same thing at all.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

Inxs - what.problem do you have with 'fight those that fight you', kill them if they try to kill you but stop if they stop?

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    Inxs - what.problem do you have with 'fight those that fight you', kill them if they try to kill you but stop if they stop?

I believe that when it says 'stop', it really means surrender...

And that's different to what happened in vietnam, iraq, afghanistan how exactly?

That's simply because your thinking is not mature enough...
    says the man who needed forty-odd years to stop believing in Christian fairy tales.

welcome to maturity. still an unbelievable lack of self awareness though.

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    That was because the majority of people were christians in the west and muslim in the middle east. In 20 years most people in the uk won't be muslim. It's not the same thing at all.

It is the same thing. While not everyone will be a Muslim in the UK the majority of people who identify with a religion could be Muslim. The rest being of other or no religion.

Once you go from being a minority to a majority you will demand equal rights. I don't know what's going on in the UK but in the US the minority is demanding changes for "equal rights, their culture and religion". Examples would be schools giving Muslim children time to pray during the school day but not giving it to children of other religions. At some international airports Muslim taxi drivers are refusing to drive passengers who have a guide dog (which by federal law can go anywhere) or have alcohol. Muslim workers who work at a supermarket refuse to handle any pork that someone is buying and have to request someone else to come and finish the transaction.

The list goes on. Imagine if Muslims become a majority in the west and elect Muslim politicians and judges. Laws can change and reflect their culture.

I'm sure the same thing could happen if Christians became a majority in an Middle East country.

J also thinks I'm arrogant because I don't agree with his view....
    Not true at all. Yes I think you're arrogant but certainty not because you disagree with me.

On the occasions you share the same stance as me on something (and yes these occasions exist) it actually makes it worse. When that happens, I feel like I'm at school and I've been put on a debate team with the kid with tourettes.

That's simply because your thinking is not mature enough to recognise that the goal posts on the definition of race have been shifted purely to inhibit criticism of religion. You're actually part of the problem!

Now you may call this conceited and arrogant....I don't feel that way, I think I'm right, you think you're right, it's a conversation on a website.

JJ also thinks I'm arrogant because I don't agree with his view....this kind of odd double standard is the norm.

Calling me a racist only highlights your intellectual immaturity.
    You talking about matters of intellect is hilarious. That you fancy yourself as an intellectual is so cringe worthy. You - who believed in ghosts only because your grannie did until the age of forty. You remind me of some kids at uni who would go off and red a few chapters of a book and it would all of a sudden make them a expert. They too had a terrific lack of self awareness. "You call me arrogant because you disagree with me". No, son, you're just clueless.

Don't lose focus on who it is you're battling with. Atheists. I don't believe in god but I think your reasoning and logic is so wholly flawed and child like that it is embarrassing just reading your posts. I must remember that you're new to the concept of free thought though.

There are extremist atheists here whose opinions I might not agree with, but their opinions are interesting nonetheless. You - less so. I can only conclude that you're a racist.

Original Post Deleted
    Thanks for pointing that out. i am sure you will agree with my point though that referencing random parts of religious texts makes for a poor man's argument. In any event, usehername appeared to provide one that actually did the job.

And Bryant, the reason you didn't mention anything is because, like me, you didn't read the quote properly either (or in your case, you simply didn't understand it). Otherwise, you'd have been all over it.

Closed Thread
Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 29 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 45 ... LastLast