Like Tree36Likes

Australia the world's happiest nation: OECD

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    ouwen
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Er, what? I think you may have a bit of a surprise coming.
    What happened? Broken keyboard? Computer crash? internet down???

Probably passed out drunk............ oh well. I was so hoping to be enlightened....

Quote Originally Posted by ouwen:
    I'm a Texan, a Celtic, an atheist, and I have been reading Confucius since I was 10 years old.

I can tell by your words and your agressive attitude that you are not Australian, probably an angry American. Americans are always mad about something.

Texas is occupied by Americans, you know... serial killers, ex marines, Donald Rumsfeld, gun nuts etc ..We need the electric chair.

I do not have a gun in my house. I have some locked away on my sailboat as I am legally required to protect the crew and passengers in international waters. My neighbor has a freezer full of venison, a camo four wheeler, deer stands, deer corn and all kinds of other hunting gear, but I have never, ever seen his gun or guns. It remains locked away out of sight. I'm sure most of my neighbors have a rifle or shotgun, but they don't play with them, and I've never seen one of those guns. They are a very infrequently used tool of our lifestyle.

Americans always mad about something? You know it's funny, it wasn't always that way. That only started after some buffoon cowboy from Texas moved into the White House and started a stupid war based on lies that nearly bankrupted the country....but enriched his oil buddies.

The only good thing about that idiot from Texas....is that he took the republican party down with him..I think he (with a little help from Sarah Palin to be fair) showed the US once and for all just how stupid the republicans really are...

There is good and bad everywhere.

We have rednecks in Australia too you know!

I'm based in Canberra, Australia. With elections this September and a very likely change of government I don't think people are going to be too happy around here for much longer!

I'm pretty sure our likley new PM would get along great with the Bushes, and his rhetoric appeals to the rednecks.

Good thing I'll be back in HK by then, but I'll still make my vote count. I can't really complain if I don't make an effort and vote.

Have any of you heard this one:

Voting for the Liberal Party because you don't like the Labor Party is like eating sh*t because you don't like spinach.

Last edited by mik.wat; 07-06-2013 at 08:03 AM.
    ouwen likes this.

Lol closedcasket totally nailed republicans...

I hear you ouwen, I know someone a udt and he kept all his guns locked out. Even his daughters never saw one...

ouwen likes this.

If they are so happy... then why are they always whinging?

I just came back from Sydney and they seemed like a happy bunch to me. Quite a few people said to me that Aussies don't realise how good they've got it (relative to other countries).

Must admit that I'd move there in a heartbeat.

ouwen likes this.

ouwen
    Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    Americans always mad about something? You know it's funny, it wasn't always that way. That only started after some buffoon cowboy from Texas moved into the White House and started a stupid war based on lies that nearly bankrupted the country....but enriched his oil buddies.

The only good thing about that idiot from Texas....is that he took the republican party down with him..I think he (with a little help from Sarah Palin to be fair) showed the US once and for all just how stupid the republicans really are...
    Bush junior is from Connecticut, educated at Yale. Can't believe I said "educated" in the same sentence with Bush junior. The West Texas ranch thing is political PR. You carry Texas, and getting elected to the presidency is a shoo in. No wealthy man would make his home in the West Texas desert without an ulterior motive.. Bush Senior is supposedly from Texas also, but lived in Maine.

If you want to talk about an asshole US president from Texas, then talk about Lyndon Johnson.

Haliburton, KBR and the oil buddies were enriched by Vice President Dick Cheney. The president is a PR front man elected by the sheep herd. The Vice President is hand picked by the Party and Washington insider power establishment.

You need to find a TV station that isn't owned by the US propaganda establishment.
    Try Russia Today, or CCTV news.
    chris_yang22 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ouwen:
    I'm a Texan, a Celtic, an atheist, and I have been reading Confucius since I was 10 years old.

I can tell by your words and your agressive attitude that you are not Australian, probably an angry American. Americans are always mad about something.

Texas is occupied by Americans, you know... serial killers, ex marines, Donald Rumsfeld, gun nuts etc ..We need the electric chair.

I do not have a gun in my house. I have some locked away on my sailboat as I am legally required to protect the crew and passengers in international waters. My neighbor has a freezer full of venison, a camo four wheeler, deer stands, deer corn and all kinds of other hunting gear, but I have never, ever seen his gun or guns. It remains locked away out of sight. I'm sure most of my neighbors have a rifle or shotgun, but they don't play with them, and I've never seen one of those guns. They are a very infrequently used tool of our lifestyle.
    I'm Australian and um loving your naivety.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks mobile app
    ouwen likes this.

ouwen
    Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I'm Australian and um loving your naivety.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using GeoClicks mobile app
    "I never met a man I didn't like" Will Rogers

We should all be naive and trusting of our fellow human. You get ripped off and disappointed often, but you also get rewarded enough to make up for it ten times over.

"Don't be timid about your actions, all life is an experiment" Chinese proverb
    Fatelvis and INXS like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdollars:
    If they are so happy... then why are they always whinging?
    Because we have to share the planet with people like you.
    virago, mrdollars and ouwen like this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast