Like Tree54Likes

Julian Assange

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ouwen

RT - Russia Today celebrated 1 billion views on June 2nd.

One of Hilary Clinton's last acts as Secretary of State was to appear before a congressional budget committee to explain why she needed so much money for "communications". She made several statements that were rejected by the congressmen. Then she finally came out with the truth. "Everybody is watching Russia Today and China's CCTV news." "We need to attract more viewers".
    Maybe if US media stopped spreading lies and propaganda, more people would watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ouwen:
    RT - Russia Today celebrated 1 billion views on June 2nd.

One of Hilary Clinton's last acts as Secretary of State was to appear before a congressional budget committee to explain why she needed so much money for "communications". She made several statements that were rejected by the congressmen. Then she finally came out with the truth. "Everybody is watching Russia Today and China's CCTV news." "We need to attract more viewers".
    Maybe if US media stopped spreading lies and propaganda, more people would watch.
    Scratching head ,,,,:-( emmm I missing something, any connection to this topic?
    Please enlighten me... Thanks :-)

ouwen
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Scratching head ,,,,:-( emmm I missing something, any connection to this topic?
    Please enlighten me... Thanks :-)
    This thread has already had it's first post by a poster indoctrinated by US media PR, well known to be a PR tool of the US weapons industry, which has declared war on Julian Assange.

RT is an honest source of news about Julian Assange. Julian Assange appears on RT, and is allowed to defend himself on RT. There is no PR smoke screen.

That cannot happen on US media where the owners, advertisers, and many viewers are income dependent on $1 trillion in US annual weapons sales. For example, NBC, owned by GE and Westinghouse, companies built by selling everything from plastic spoons to supersonic jet engines to the US military and defence contracted allies world wide.

The US responded to WWII by converting itself into a monster weapons factory. The monster did not go silently into the night at the end of WWII. It now owns the USA, and it owns USA news media. Wikileaks, RT, CCTV news and other non weapons sale dependent media are our last line of defence for information in support of human progress and freedom. They do not lie to promote war.

US media decries Wikileaks harm done to the USA, but does not report that the espionage charges against Assange were brought by a grand jury selected from an area populated by NSA, CIA and other US military bureaucrats. Is that news reporting, or is it self serving propaganda?

PR (Public Relations) was known as "propaganda" until the word got a bad name when used by the Nazis to take over Germany, dehumanize the jews, and start WWII. It is also known as "psychological warfare". Whatever you call it, it is the most powerful force in the universe. It kills millions, and enslaves millions more.
    Watercooler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ouwen:
    RT is an honest source of news about Julian Assange. Julian Assange appears on RT, and is allowed to defend himself on RT. There is no PR smoke screen.

RT is not without flaws. I've commented with its pants down and they withheld my comment. To their defense, it's not like they're trying to be what they're not.

And then you have followers with fox news ish following who gets fed without thinking for themselves. It's not the fault of RT, but the scene is very characteristics of other news org.

Otherwise, I'd say RT is best currently available. Very smart people working for it.

AP is respectable as well. I get the sense they have more ground reporters than any other news organizations. The thing I'm afraid is that they're not economically sustainable and may end up doing what it shouldn't in order to sustain itself.

You do have alternative independent news channels. They look at it in a more unbaised view than RT, but it's also very one sided with its agenda shifting to the 'common people'. But I'm not complaining. The more of these the better.
    ouwen likes this.

ouwen
    Quote Originally Posted by Creative83:
    RT is not without flaws. I've commented with its pants down and they withheld my comment. To their defense, it's not like they're trying to be what they're not.

And then you have followers with fox news ish following who gets fed without thinking for themselves. It's not the fault of RT, but the scene is very characteristics of other news org.

Otherwise, I'd say RT is best currently available. Very smart people working for it.

AP is respectable as well. I get the sense they have more ground reporters than any other news organizations. The thing I'm afraid is that they're not economically sustainable and may end up doing what it shouldn't in order to sustain itself.

You do have alternative independent news channels. They look at it in a more unbaised view than RT, but it's also very one sided with its agenda shifting to the 'common people'. But I'm not complaining. The more of these the better.
    My favourite is CCTV news, because I like to look at Chinese women (I married one). The news is just bland reporting of what happened, as it should be, no spin.

I am also a big fan of the CCTV program Dialog, a currents events program where intellectuals (including an American professor at Tsing Hua) can discuss news events. It's a bit like being exposed to two Chinese Noam Chomskys debating the issue. They are not outspoken like Chomsky, but they do expose related academic, political and technical knowledge of the event.

For example, the explosion of a South Korean warship last year. A Chinese professor revealed that the US defence agreement and weapons contracts with South Korea, Taiwan and Japan all expire at the same time, about three weeks after the explosion Those countries now do more business with China than with the US, so they were allowing the defence contracts to expire. The investigation blaming North Korea was done by US defence contractors and analysts. The American professor from Tsing Hua did not debate those statements, and simply nodded in agreement. Neither professor expressed an opinion on who blew us the ship. The Chinese are very careful to disassociate themselves from propaganda.

But the defence contracts were renewed, with very expensive military and naval exercises tacked on.
    Creative83 likes this.

Out of interest, what's your take on the western/Chinese media reporting of Tiananmen? Some quite heated discussion going on on another thread. Why not contribute?

Good there's now a discussion with different views and different angles. Have to go through the last posts again. That was massive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom007:
    Good there's now a discussion with different views and different angles. Have to go through the last posts again. That was massive.
    That's because you're new here. The rest of us have read the same one-note nonsense from ouwen over and over again.

I think Assange should go on a hunger strike. That'd sure stoke public sympathy. Which he surely will need, if he's ever to get out of the dark little Ecuadorean prison he's made for himself...

Quote Originally Posted by Lootoo:
    That's because you're new here. The rest of us have read the same one-note nonsense from ouwen over and over again.

I think Assange should go on a hunger strike. That'd sure stoke public sympathy. Which he surely will need, if he's ever to get out of the dark little Ecuadorean prison he's made for himself...
    Thanks for the heads up. Still going through the posts and links.
    Last edited by Tom007; 05-06-2013 at 01:16 PM.

Oh isn't he cute!

kimwy66, virago and INXS like this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast