Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By gunsnroses
  • 1 Post By shri

Boris on Germany ...

Closed Thread

Boris on Germany ...

Forget Cool Brittania, it looks as though this is the era of Modern Germany led by bare-bottomed, broad-minded Berliners.

"The most serious public order problem at the moment is the tendency of Berliners to pursue the logic of their Freikörperkultur by actually fornicating in their many magnificent parks; and such is the climate of political correctness that they decided to means-test the fines. So if you are caught in flagrante in the bushes, and you have a job, you get fined 150 euros — but only 34 euros if you are unemployed. If that isn’t broad-mindedness, I don’t know what is."
    More gems on http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...d-copy-it.html
    climber07, gunsnroses and papaya like this.

I had been to Berlin and Paris last summer in one trip, and to be honest, I enjoyed Berlin way more than I did Paris. For longest time through the books, movies, articles and what not, I had, as many of us do, built an image of Paris, which came crashing down, but it's not just Paris's fault, one main reason was I visited Paris after my delightful stay in Berlin and the inevitable mental comparison...

mrsgunsnroses likes this.

Didn't the Japanese actually name a psychological illness based on the devastating psychological effects the harsh reality of Paris has on their tourists?

Sent from my GT-S6102 using GeoClicks mobile app

From Wiki:

Paris syndrome (French: Syndrome de Paris, Japanese: パリ症候群, Pari shōkōgun) is a transient psychological disorder encountered by some individuals visiting or vacationing in Paris, France. It is characterized by a number of psychiatric symptoms such as acute delusional states, hallucinations, feelings of persecution (perceptions of being a victim of prejudice, aggression, or hostility from others), derealization, depersonalization, anxiety, and also psychosomatic manifestations such as dizziness, tachycardia, sweating, and others.[1] Similar syndromes include Jerusalem syndrome and Stendhal syndrome.
    Jeez ... talk about first world problems.
    INXS likes this.

>> Damn, was expecting pictures....

Of tattooed youngsters clicking their heels on their way into the bushes, au-natural?