View Poll Results: Should Price Charles or Prince William be the next King?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Price Charles

4 50.00%
  • Prince William

4 50.00%
Like Tree25Likes

Should Price Charles or Prince William be the next King?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Umm, it's a matter for them to decide. Do you think they give a shit what you think?
    Umm...so since when can you not comment because the royal family don't give a shit? Their lifestyle is supported by the government, which in turn is supported by the taxpayer, so that allows the average commoner to have a say in how they should run things. There is something seriously wrong when people justify certain action simply by saying "tradition" in this day and age. Not to mention the absurd idea of still having a "royal" family. They are human beings like anyone else (and probably not the brightest humans either). Why should they receive this luxurious life courtesy of the taxpayer simply by virtue of being a member of the "royal" family?
    Last edited by Watercooler; 31-07-2013 at 09:09 AM.
    cheepo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Umm...so since when can you not comment because the royal family don't give a shit? Their lifestyle is supported by the government, which in turn is supported by the taxpayer, so that allows the average commoner to have a say in how they should run things. There is something seriously wrong when people justify certain action simply by saying "tradition" in this day and age. Not to mention the absurd idea of still having a "royal" family. They are human beings like anyone else (and probably not the brightest humans either). Why should they receive this luxurious life courtesy of the taxpayer simply by virtue of being a member of the "royal" family?
    I think you'll find the majority of taxpayers disagree. Succession is a family, not a public matter.

I think you'll find the majority of taxpayers disagree. Succession is a family, not a public matter.
    People have had a chance to vote on this?

Whenever folks quote Watercooler I am reminded why I have him on ignore. LOL. I guess he doesn't know how much income the royal estates earn, or how much in tax is now VOLUNTARILY paid by the Queen, or how much revenue comes into the country due to tourists visiting royal palaces, trooping the colour, photographs with Beefeaters etc etc.

Nor indeed how much time members of the royal family spend doing charity work. Guess he's not British. I think they pay their way.

On the other hand, the USA has actors and actresses who are treated like royalty; sporting stars who earn millions and still act like playboys; political dynasties who are bankrolled by big business and live like royalty .... at least our royals have a sense of duty.
    usehername and kimwy66 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Whenever folks quote Watercooler I am reminded why I have him on ignore.
    He is an idiot but does provide amusement from time to time; also its cute the way he gets all uppidy when baited and hooked
    I guess he doesn't know how much income the royal estates earn, or how much in tax is now VOLUNTARILY paid by the Queen, or how much revenue comes into the country due to tourists visiting royal palaces, trooping the colour, photographs with Beefeaters etc etc.
    Nor indeed how much time members of the royal family spend doing charity work. Guess he's not British. I think they pay their way.
    2 opposing videos you should watch:

Cwbguy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Whenever folks quote Watercooler I am reminded why I have him on ignore. LOL. I guess he doesn't know how much income the royal estates earn, or how much in tax is now VOLUNTARILY paid by the Queen, or how much revenue comes into the country due to tourists visiting royal palaces, trooping the colour, photographs with Beefeaters etc etc.

On the other hand, the USA has actors and actresses who are treated like royalty; sporting stars who earn millions and still act like playboys; political dynasties who are bankrolled by big business and live like royalty .... at least our royals have a sense of duty.
    Bullshit. You don't need the royal family to earn a living. Plenty of countries have no "royalty" and are just fine. There are plenty of tourist landmark in the country without the need for a "royal" family. Look at France, one of the world's most visited country (from a tourist standpoint), do they need a royal family for tourism purposes? Nope they don't.

Voluntarily pay tax...that's right, voluntary, not like you or me, you have to pay tax whether you like it or not.

Income the royal estates earn? It's all inherited. And why do they have theses estates? From the government. And who pays the government? The taxpayer.

I respect alot more the people who made it rich by their own effort and not because they were borned into a rich royal family. Do the royal family have to worry about getting laid off and not receiving a paycheck? Nope. Do the royal family have to worry about not having enough $$$ to put food on the table? Nope. Do the royal family have to worry about not being able to pay the mortgage and having the lender foreclose your property? Nope.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 31-07-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    He is an idiot but does provide amusement from time to time; also its cute the way he gets all uppidy when baited and hooked 2 opposing videos you should watch:

And you are the moron who keeps on giving. The minute I post anything, you latch on like some desperate little girl in need of a boyfriend. I think I have an internet stalker.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    And you are the moron who keeps on giving. The minute I post anything, you latch on like some desperate little girl in need of a boyfriend. I think I have an internet stalker.
    As MrUppidy enters the room, I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    As MrUppidy enters the room, I rest my case.
    Speak for yourself .

I think Charles and William should be skipped... Go straight to the new baby boy... That way we could have the same King all the way into the 22nd century..

Watercooler and virago like this.