Can Obama beat McCain?

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Sleuth cant you bear it when someone criticise constructively or otherwise the US? Naming a better democracy? No one has responded as there is little point as you will disagree anyway to any fact based answer. There are hundreds of democracy in countries you probably haven't even heard of which are better then US. But if you really want to know , the US comes in at 15th in the world

World Audit Democracy

Now how about my points on this thread which you choose to ignore?

As for healthcare here are some FACTS about the outstanding system

50 million Americans without health insurance
    18,000 Americans will die this year because they're uninsured
    The United States is ranked #37 as a health system by the World Health Organization
    A baby born in El Salvador has a better chance of surviving than a baby born in Detroit.

HK is part of china last time i looked. The people here have a vote yes but it doesnt count as we don't have a say in the eventual leader, just like the American system.

I can't believe that this thread is still going on. What a waste of time. Let's all gang up and pick holes in one person's comment.

Sounds like there's one person on here under two names. Every time worldsgreatest posts meiguoren comes right in with a comment.

And meiguoren, if you are actually a person separate to world's greatest, and if you are actually a student as your profile says it must be tough being so jaded already. It must also be tiring when you just know everything and are surrounded by so many muppets.

waste of time

Yet you are still posting and have just about as many replies as anyone here...

So it's true then.

To get back on McCain - Obama... I think McCain is a whack job potentially. He was recently quoted as saying he will never surrender in Iraq, the troops will come home in victory and "we are winning".

Is this guy on crack?

I have very serious reservations about his stability and judgment including who his advisors are.

Politics

This is politics...what one says and what one believes can be vastly different. McCain is a republican and can ill afford to be very critical of the current position. That would mean that they were wrong...

In any case, the US is in a huge mess that they can't possibly get out gracefully in Iraq. If they get out and all hell breaks loose with a civil war and a fundamentalist regime takes over, they'll take the blame. If they stay, they are wasting huge amounts of money when the economy is in a severe downturn and with no likely end in sight. I wouldn't want to have to make that call but they made their bed.

My guess is that republicans would try to get out slowly claiming victory and the establishment of democracy and freedom to the people of Iraq. Whether anyone believes that is irrelevant, it's called spin.

aussiegal , i thought you left this thread. Me and meiguoren are not the same person, as amazing as it seems , it is possible for more than oner person to share the same opinion. Your lame arguments have hit the lowest by suggesting two people with the same view are actually the same person. People are entitled to thier own opionions. As for being surrounded by muppets , you said it.

WorldsGreatest. Your histrionic and unrelenting reactions to everything anyone who doesn't agree with you says reminds me of my mother.

Last edited by SpecialK; 29-05-2008 at 11:17 AM. Reason: sp.

Quote Originally Posted by worldsgreatest:
    Sleuth cant you bear it when someone criticise constructively or otherwise the US? Naming a better democracy? No one has responded as there is little point as you will disagree anyway to any fact based answer. There are hundreds of democracy in countries you probably haven't even heard of which are better then US. But if you really want to know , the US comes in at 15th in the world

World Audit Democracy

Now how about my points on this thread which you choose to ignore?

As for healthcare here are some FACTS about the outstanding system

50 million Americans without health insurance
    18,000 Americans will die this year because they're uninsured
    The United States is ranked #37 as a health system by the World Health Organization
    A baby born in El Salvador has a better chance of surviving than a baby born in Detroit.

HK is part of china last time i looked. The people here have a vote yes but it doesnt count as we don't have a say in the eventual leader, just like the American system.

Constructive criticism would be okay. As would criticism with alternatives, as opposed to simply criticism. I still haven't said the US is perfect.
    There aren't hundreds of democracies I haven't heard of; there aren't even hundreds of countries in the world.
    Okay, so the US is #15 (but I can't open that link because the internet here is terrible) and, yes, there are corrupt politicians.
    Yes, Americans don't all have health insurance, but people don't die from not having insurance. Any hospital emergency room has to treat you. And everyone not having insurance is not a good thing, but neither is socialized medicine. You just trade one set of problems for another.
    If your baby stats are based on some sort of baby mortality rate, keep in mind that the US is quite good at birthing babies way too early and that increases the infant mortality rate. (Whereas in countries without advanced medical systems, the baby probably dies in utero, perhaps also killing the mother. But that wouldn't count in most of those statistics as infant mortality because the kid was never actually birthed. The US would be better off, in terms of infant mortality stats, simply letting preemies die in the womb.)
    And HK is part of China, sort of. Not entirely a democracy, but certainly not entirely communist. Probably not much different than what it was as an official colony.

Okay, you guys win.
    And, like aussielegal, I am heading off on the horse into the sunset. The field is yours. Be as anti-American as you want as the entire country, all of its people and all of its leaders throughout history are nothing more than pure evil anyway. American should have been destoyed 300 years ago. The ideas and concepts of the country--all of them--are worthless as the country is clearly nothing more than a fount for all evil that exists in today's and yesterday's world. It is probably run by the Illuminati for the exclusive benefit of those that know the secret handshake. The entire country, except for Wyoming (I think; I'm not going back to look and see which state it was), is a polluted mess where criminals run amok. If it weren't for all the iron bars at the border, the entire population probably would have escaped years ago.

hahaha

Well here we go stating extreme positions to try to make a point...

Obviously the US isn't the source of all evil nor is it an awful place to live. Now part of the problem were your own words, you said you'd rather live there than anywhere else and that you hadn't seen a better democracy.

This is part of my problem with the US. It tries to depict itself as a bastion of freedom, a role model, a saviour... etc The US is nothing more or less than most other western countries, it has serious problems with healthcare, education, poverty, crime etc... It shouldn't be in a position to stand a moral high horse and dictate to other countries what to do...

When you said earlier that other countries can do what they want, it's not true because the US exerts so much influence both with military power and money that it's about as much a choice as when a thief confronts you with a gun and says give me your money. The US has aid in various countries but will not fund schools that teach certain things or clinic that perform abortions. During Iraq, the attitude was that if you're not with us, you are against...Anyone remember freedom fries?

Frankly, if the US wouldn't coat itself in the freedom mantle and simply admit that it's acting in their own self interest instead of claiming to be liberating the world and that it has serious problems at home that need to be adressed, I wouldn't have much problems.

Bottom line, it's certainly not the best place in the world nor the worst. It's just a bully with lots of problems.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast