Can Obama beat McCain?

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

And who keeps the US honest? The world doesn't need a leader anymore than it needs a bully. The US does itself no favours by trying to impose its global supremacy single-handed by military force.

aussiegal you take the biscuit for arrogance and hypocrisy ..
    the fact that u think America has the 'right' to lead the world is unbelievable, taking your stupid point that some one has to lead the world , isnt it better for the world to have a say and vote on it? No let have a dictator tell the rest of the world waht to do.

As for keeping honest, you think all the atrocities America carries out in quantananamo bay, abu grad prison are good qualities to the leader of the 'free' world. Let recap, america supported , trained and funded terrorists they are fighting toady. Mujhadeen , now the taleban- funded and trained by the CIA. Bin Laden , trained and funded by america, Saddam , trained and funded by america, see any pattern here , how the 'leader of the world' does such a good job. Why dont you learn your lesson and stop dictatin who should run foreign countries. Who is the dictator?

I'll but in to defend Obama quickly; ignoring his relative youth/inexperience (though he's a senator already!), the man seems to be one of the most intelligent and succinct men in politics, at least judging from his talks with Google;

He's possibly the only politician in the world who has a genuine clue what terms like 'net neutrality' are, which gives him huge credit in my book.

Whoever's president anyway, it's not that one person making all the decisions, they have to take input from hundreds of advisers. So you don't need all the experience in the world, just good judgement and a moral compass, which I fear the Republicans don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by worldsgreatest:
    aussiegal you take the biscuit for arrogance and hypocrisy ..
    the fact that u think America has the 'right' to lead the world is unbelievable, taking your stupid point that some one has to lead the world , isnt it better for the world to have a say and vote on it? No let have a dictator tell the rest of the world waht to do.

As for keeping honest, you think all the atrocities America carries out in quantananamo bay, abu grad prison are good qualities to the leader of the 'free' world. Let recap, america supported , trained and funded terrorists they are fighting toady. Mujhadeen , now the taleban- funded and trained by the CIA. Bin Laden , trained and funded by america, Saddam , trained and funded by america, see any pattern here , how the 'leader of the world' does such a good job. Why dont you learn your lesson and stop dictatin who should run foreign countries. Who is the dictator?
    America does not tell the world what to do. However as the worlds economic, military and aid-giving leader its influence is naturally widespread. It would be virtually impossible to have this influence and not anger someone.

[QUOTE=worldsgreatest;216197]aussiegal you take the biscuit for arrogance and hypocrisy ..
    QUOTE]
    if we're going to get personal than let's talk about your username... and i'm arrogant.

You democarats are so naive. You think you can reason with terrorists. you think everyone is good. give me a break.

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK

Ironical - food for thought

Why is it that Republican presidents come to power touting from the rooftops a platform of small government and small fiscal budget, then start going about it by reducing taxes first, and end up plundering the public finances on defense (or in this case "offense) spending like there's no tomorrow (Star Wars, axis of evil - if there'd been a third term the sword would have been taken to I.... and N..... K.... as well)? On the other hand, other than Carter's stagflation era and humiliation of the hostage crisis, the Democrats, even with their spending platform and lack of convincing economic soundbytes, end up doing reasonably OK.

reasoning with terrroists? You created them!

Quote Originally Posted by HKFella:
    Why is it that Republican presidents come to power touting from the rooftops a platform of small government and small fiscal budget, then start going about it by reducing taxes first, and end up plundering the public finances on defense (or in this case "offense) spending like there's no tomorrow (Star Wars, axis of evil - if there'd been a third term the sword would have been taken to I.... and N..... K.... as well)? On the other hand, other than Carter's stagflation era and humiliation of the hostage crisis, the Democrats, even with their spending platform and lack of convincing economic soundbytes, end up doing reasonably OK.

Why do you highlight the s in defense? The united kingdom mod website spells it defence - and iirc english was created by the anglo saxons! Americans spell it with an s but the aussies use the C also.

Australian Government, Department of Defence

lol...I'm surprised that our American spelling of defense has made its way into your vocab as iirc we are the only country that uses it (unless you yourself are a fellow american)

also is it pretense or pretence? hehehheheheheheheh

heheheheheheheh
    hehehehehehheheh
    LoL! Don't you just hate that anglo-french influence? I guess it's all poetic license? or licence?
    Last edited by meiguoren; 22-05-2008 at 09:10 PM.

I created them? Nice one. I'm Australian or did you not get that from my name? As much as I'd love to vote in the US elections I can't.

Terrorism has existed since the beginning of time, and most terrorists are not fighting the US but their own people or other regimes.

US foreign policy has certainly made it worse where the Middle East is concerned (or so the terrorists would have us believe) but really, you need to stop drinking the cool aid.

If you want to lead your western life with cheap goods, big cars, big houses it comes at a price. Perhaps if your name was something along the lines of 'world'sgreatesthippy' rather than just 'worldsgreatest' you'd sound more credible.

I just find it astounding that the current administration be heaped with the blame for everything wrong in the world. I didn't know it was possible to achieve so much in so few years.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegal:
    I just find it astounding that the current administration be heaped with the blame for everything wrong in the world. I didn't know it was possible to achieve so much in so few years.
    Latest rumor is that GW uses baby seals as target practice then extracts their oil to help fuel his bulletproof cadillac limo. He also jacks up gas prices at will and uses the proceeds to procure more baby seals.

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast