Like Tree39Likes

Olympics go to....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Olympics go to....

Tokyo! The only real sane decision really although if it went to Istanbul, the police would have provided many water sports and running events.

MovingIn07, INXS and wtbhotia like this.

the whole place will be glowing in the dark...

Quote Originally Posted by garycyk:
    I think only Tokyo have ability to held the Olympic(compare to spain and Istanbul) , at least financially she can burden
    Eh? Barcelona was one of the most amazing Olympics of the modern era.....Sydney was better but Barcelona was a close second.

The Olympic Broadcasting Service (OBS) and the European Broadcasting Union (Sports) have their headquarters in Madrid...I'm glad Tokyo got it but I'm very sure Madrid would run a very successful games and expect that we will see the event there in 2024...
    East_coast likes this.

Out of the 3 of them, the Turks have the money, just not enough journalists as they are all banged up

This wont translate well, but its very well said (in Turkish):
    sen halkını dindar olanlar ve olmayanlar diye ayıracaksın,
    sen halkının %50 si bana yeter diye kalan %50 sini yok sayacaksın,
    sen kendi halkını %50 yi sokağa saların diyerek tehdit edeceksin,
    sen öğrencilerini hapislere attıracak türbanlı öğrencilere her şeyi serbest kılacaksın dokunulmazlık getireceksin,
    sen kendi halkını tutuklayacak terörist diyeceksin,
    sen genç yaşlı çocuk demeden kendi halkını joplayacak suya boğacaksın,
    sen dünyanın merkezi istiklal caddesinde turistler dahil bütün halkı gaza boğacak tutuklayacaksın,
    sen başka halklara yalandan ağlayacak ama kendi halkını polisine vurdurtacaksın ve sonra benim polisim
    doğrusunu yaptı kutlarım diyeceksin,
    sen koskoca Türkiye Cumhuriyeti'ni polis devleti haline getiripdikta ile yönetmeye kalkacaksın...
    ve sonra çıkıp ''barış ve kardeşlik''ten bahsedip olimpiyatları bana verin diyeceksin...
    hadi ordan sende..

Trance Omega likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by garycyk:
    Spain economy is in a mess and the government have financial problem.....can't compare to 1992
    Sorry, I forgot how strong Tokyo's economy is. Spain's economy was a mess in 92 but the hosted one of the few, measurably, financially profitable games.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Eh? Barcelona was one of the most amazing Olympics of the modern era.....Sydney was better but Barcelona was a close second.

The Olympic Broadcasting Service (OBS) and the European Broadcasting Union (Sports) have their headquarters in Madrid...I'm glad Tokyo got it but I'm very sure Madrid would run a very successful games and expect that we will see the event there in 2024...
    London spanked all of them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    London spanked all of them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using GeoClicks mobile app
    I didn't do London but my media colleagues who did informed me it was a massive comedown after Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    This wont translate well, but its very well said (in Turkish):
    sen halkını dindar olanlar ve olmayanlar diye ayıracaksın,
    sen halkının %50 si bana yeter diye kalan %50 sini yok sayacaksın,
    sen kendi halkını %50 yi sokağa saların diyerek tehdit edeceksin,
    sen öğrencilerini hapislere attıracak türbanlı öğrencilere her şeyi serbest kılacaksın dokunulmazlık getireceksin,
    sen kendi halkını tutuklayacak terörist diyeceksin,
    sen genç yaşlı çocuk demeden kendi halkını joplayacak suya boğacaksın,
    sen dünyanın merkezi istiklal caddesinde turistler dahil bütün halkı gaza boğacak tutuklayacaksın,
    sen başka halklara yalandan ağlayacak ama kendi halkını polisine vurdurtacaksın ve sonra benim polisim
    doğrusunu yaptı kutlarım diyeceksin,
    sen koskoca Türkiye Cumhuriyeti'ni polis devleti haline getiripdikta ile yönetmeye kalkacaksın...
    ve sonra çıkıp ''barış ve kardeşlik''ten bahsedip olimpiyatları bana verin diyeceksin...
    hadi ordan sende..
    Bunu kim yazdi?

Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    Bunu kim yazdi?
    Ferdi Özmen

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast