Like Tree37Likes

Should the UK still be on the UN Security Council?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Amen. If I hear someone play "My heart will go on" one more time, I will murder him...
    Watercooler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Each of these countries have their own problems:

- Sweden: Sven-Göran Eriksson

- Canada: Celine Dion

- New Zealand: sheep

- Peru: Seriously???

- Singapore: the military require foreign maids to carry their bags for them.
    Canada also gave us Bieber and Nickelback!

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo:
    Canada also gave us Bieber and Nickelback!
    And we also have Bryan Adams, Sarah McLachlan, Neil Young too.

Speaking of which, didn't the Brits gave us Spice Girls, Susan Boyle and Simon Cowell...

There should be a UN army like the French Legionnaires for soldiers with no affiliations.

Watercooler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HKITperson:
    There should be a UN army like the French Legionnaires for soldiers with no affiliations.
    They've been talking about a UN standing army for years, but member states weren't that keen on that idea.

And we also have Bryan Adams, Sarah McLachlan, Neil Young too.

Speaking of which, didn't the Brits gave us Spice Girls, Susan Boyle and Simon Cowell...
    Another good reason why UK should not be on the permanent council
    Watercooler likes this.

The permanent seats should go to the 5 largest arms exporting countries........oh hold on, no need for change.

East_coast, INXS and ouwen like this.

They've been talking about a UN standing army for years, but member states weren't that keen on that idea.
    What were the reasons for objecting?

I think all veto power should be eliminated. Why call yourselves "United" if 5 have a special power over everybody else. I understand some financially support the UN more than others and maybe they should be given proportional representation but no one nation should be given the extra power to vote no when they don't like something.
    Look at Syria debate which ended with Russia and China voting against even admonishing the government for the chemical attacks.
    Look at the Israeli bombing of a Turkish ship carrying aid supplies to Gaza. US voted No to admonishing the government for this act.

I read recently (can't remember where) that Britain, France and the US are the only three countries capable of mobilizing a military unit quickly just about anywhere in the world.

bibbju likes this.