Like Tree28Likes

Scientists say more certain mankind causes global warming

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Scientists say more certain mankind causes global warming

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...0HN0LR20130927

I don't see any viable solution because this requires unprecedented cooperation between nations across the globe.
    INXS likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by richteralan:

I don't see any viable solution because this requires unprecedented cooperation between nations across the globe.
    Nah, we're good...

Congressman Jeff Miller (R-Florida): "Our climate will continue to change because of the way God formed the Earth."

State Rep. Mike Beard (R-Shakopee): "God is not capricious. He's given us a creation that is dynamically stable. We are not going to run out of anything."

Representative John Shimkus (R-Illinois) after quoting Chapter 8, Verse 22 of the Book of Genesis (As long as the earth endures, seed time and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, will never cease): "I believe that is the infallible word of God, and that's the way it is going to be for his creation. The earth will end only when God declares its time to be over. Man will not destroy this earth. This earth will not be destroyed by a flood."

Stupid should hurt.
    INXS, kimwy66, Azuremain and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by richteralan:

Actually most global warming is caused by 5-6 nations (if you consider the EU a nation), and if they all agree we are set.

Of course the problem is that one of them is run by wackos (see quotes above).
    ouwen, MovingIn07 and audiot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Nah, we're good...

Congressman Jeff Miller (R-Florida): "Our climate will continue to change because of the way God formed the Earth."

State Rep. Mike Beard (R-Shakopee): "God is not capricious. He's given us a creation that is dynamically stable. We are not going to run out of anything."

Representative John Shimkus (R-Illinois) after quoting Chapter 8, Verse 22 of the Book of Genesis (As long as the earth endures, seed time and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, will never cease): "I believe that is the infallible word of God, and that's the way it is going to be for his creation. The earth will end only when God declares its time to be over. Man will not destroy this earth. This earth will not be destroyed by a flood."

Stupid should hurt.
    Ah...I forgot that magic book and the Republicans.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using GeoClicks mobile app
    kimwy66 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cheepo:
    Actually most global warming is caused by 5-6 nations (if you consider the EU a nation), and if they all agree we are set.

Of course the problem is that one of them is run by wackos (see quotes above).
    Well we do need global effort because those corporations will just shift their operations to a nation without the agreement.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using GeoClicks mobile app

It's too late to stop.

Now it's about adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    It's too late to stop.

Now it's about adaptation.
    In the worst case scenario it will be extintion, not adaptation.

ouwen

There are probably 100 million Earth like planets in our Milky Way galaxy alone. Room enough for human civilization to grow in peace, prosperity and ecological balance.
    But rather than cooperate on space exploration, we prefer to stagnate Earth into a cesspool as we waste our prosperity on war mongering each other for power over one miserable little planet.

Rubbish. A few degrees is not going to send life on earth extinct. Humans are the most adaptable species on the planet - we will survive. Other species may not; certain countries may not; may individuals may not. But the species will.

The sooner we start facing up to adaption the better, imho. Because having watched the climate debate for nearly 20 years now (I work in the energy industry) - honestly - not much is changed in that time. IF the dickheads opposing nuclear would stop faffing around, we might have a chance, but with even (usually sensible) Germany going anti-nuclear, now I think it's too late too.

ouwen
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Nah, we're good...

Stupid should hurt.
    There is nothing stupid about these men. They weaseled their way into one of the cushiest and most lucrative jobs on Earth. They know, just as preachers know, that the human mind cannot accept the concept of it's own non existence. The masses deal with this problem and avoid going mad through religion. Imagine the above phrases being spoken from a pulpit (or stage) with the aura of a religious leader. Imagine these words being heard by a flock who always votes in every election. Think about how many of them work in chemical plants or paint stores.

Take notice of the words "in God we trust" on all US money, and the words "under God" in the US pledge of allegiance. Take notice that churches were recruited to spread The propaganda of Rumsfeld's "Project for a New American Century" to the masses.

Vile, greedy and many other adjectives describe these men, but stupid? maybe not so much.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast