Like Tree6Likes

Malaysia court rules non-Muslims cannot use 'Allah'

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

From the link it seems they're objecting to malay bibles referring to god as 'allah'. Frankly I would have thought they would be pleased- but apparently it's too confusing.

The irony is of course that they have been using 'allah' for a long time in the Malaysian bibles. If I recall correctly some Christian church hung some billboard that used 'allah', which drew attention from Muslims and caused the court ruling in 2009.

If you can't fight them then join them!

Wait ... let me think about that.

Original Post Deleted
    Only if you were printing a bible and referring to god as allah in it.

Obviously the cost, work and time involved in getting someone extradited would mean it would only be attempted in extreme cases- eg that youtube video- and extradition treaty or no extradition treaty I can't see any western government handing over anyone for insulting islam. I'm guessing someone has tried to extradite Rushdie before? It's completely unenforceable and a lot of hot air over nothing.

Though a great way for citizens to claim asylum in the west....'I said 'for Allah's sake' and my neighbour said he'd report me- now I can't go back!'

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

For some reason I have Rowan Atkinson saying "Bob" running through my mind...

Stoob likes this.

Stupid, stupid, completely idiotic beyond belief. Muslims, like Christians believe there is only one God. God is referred to by other names apart from Allah, such as Yahweh, Lord, God, creator et al. If these Imams are so shortsighted to see that they are actually blaspheming by acknowledging that whereby Christians cannot call God, Allah, there is another God and that only a certain religious group can acknowledge him. That , is idolatry. Big sin in Muslim world. Punishable by death ( by humans) I knew Muslims in the UAE and know Muslims in Australia, and they acknowledge that there is one God regardless of what we call Him. One female friend actually said to me that Christians and Muslims worship the same God but certain figures of religious history are seen in different light.

Last edited by Natfixit; 22-10-2013 at 09:52 PM.

What if we go to a restaurant and order a la carte?

INXS likes this.

Mooslims live in constant fear. Fear of the local preacher, fear of father, fear of competitive religions You name it, the Mooslims fear it. This legal ruling is well in line with the state religion of Malayasia, Islam, which dictates that anyone who contemplates changing his/her personal religion is required to be stoned to death. So the court has ruled that in regards the local Catholic Newspaper which uses the word allah for the christian god, and has for decades, may sow the seeds of intelligent thinking. Thus fear, and the court, has ruled that personal thinking is contrary to Islam. Let me also say that there are many similarities between Islam and the Chinese Communist Party in regards personal thinking and behavior.