Like Tree28Likes

Funny or Racist?

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5
    ouwen
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Is it racist when OS born Asians put on what's known as a ' FOB ' accent ?
    Or only when a white person does it ?

Simon obviously doesn't speak like that in real life, his Melbourne accent is identical to mine.
    Rebellion against machines. I saw a lot of that in my career at a major oil corp. Office people complained that the Automation systems I installed did make their job easier, they made it harder. I had a standard speech prepared. "Computers and automation are not intended to make your job easier. They are there to do the simple repetitive operations so that you can spend all your time doing the complex mentally challenging operations". The result is that you are more productive (working harder), which justifies my presence, and the expenditures for my machines".

I didn't have the same complaints in the petro chem plants where the manufacturing process was so complex that automation and remote monitoring were more than welcome, and manpower reduction was not a driving force.

It was a happy day when I got my shop out of office IT, and specialized in manufacturing process control only.
    Last edited by ouwen; 24-10-2013 at 05:00 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5