Like Tree26Likes

Chapatis in space

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    From the Times of India website:

But, apparently, that's not enough!

I suspect those 1000 scientists all have families and their salaries support them. Plus all the equipment required for the mission required industry and people etc. Plus if the scientists are well paid, their kids go to schools whose fees support teachers who support teachers families. And so on and so forth. You don't need to directly give money to people for money spent on stuff to do good.

FEED YOUR PEOPLE INDIA !
    Same can be said for most "first world countries".

http://www.nj.com/mercer/index.ssf/2...shortages.html

For the americans, it is "feed your people before you invade countries".

Give me enough time and I'll find a program in your country of choice which shows utter neglect of the poor and focus on programs which may not be beneficial to them.

And don't even get me started about Hong Kong... but then we're the shining beacon of capitalism here, so the poor have accepted that they will be screwed over in multiple ways.
    Last edited by shri; 06-11-2013 at 08:52 AM.

I disagree. First curry in space and all other jokes aside.

India is still one of the biggest recipients of long-term foreign aid in the world. They spend a paltry 0.7 approx on health care amongst the lowest in the whole world, they spend only 3% on education they have one of the highest malnutrition figures in the world, over four hundred million people live on about 1$ a day. Most importantly that's foreign aid what India is spending on education and health!!!

India is at the moment an economic basket case however just a few years ago they were deriding their aid donors telling them it's peanuts and they don't need it. Who is building their roads who is educating their children who is trying to feed them not India.

What India doesn't need is a space programme.

Last edited by Koen; 06-11-2013 at 04:04 PM.

Foreign aid is given in bucket loads to countries with corrupt, inept governments. Countries who fund wars and assassinate the opposition. So we should give aid to them and not to India because they have a space programme?

Sounds loony toons to me. At least a space programme might provide jobs and a new industry. Wars only fund death and destruction.

pandancake and MovingIn07 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Koen:
    I disagree. First curry in space and all other jokes aside.

India is still one of the biggest recipients of long-term foreign aid in the world. They spend a paltry 0.7 approx on health care amongst the lowest in the whole world, they spend only 3% on education they have one of the highest malnutrition figures in the world, over four hundred million people live on about 1$ a day. Most importantly that's foreign aid what India is spending on education and health!!!

India is at the moment an economic basket case however just a few years ago they were deriding their aid donors telling them it's peanuts and they don't need it. Who is building their roads who is educating their children who is trying to feed them not India.

What India doesn't need is a space programme.
    India an economic basket case ? Which looney bin did you fall out of ?

Quote Originally Posted by rakedavids:
    Up until August the Indian Rupee was Asia's worst performing currency. Things are just starting to turn around.

http://articles.economictimes.indiat...e-kaku-nakhate
    Last edited by jayinhongkong; 06-11-2013 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Foreign aid is given in bucket loads to countries with corrupt, inept governments. Countries who fund wars and assassinate the opposition. So we should give aid to them and not to India because they have a space programme?

Sounds loony toons to me.
    It's your tune not mine?

As gungho as India is about foreign aid especially that coming from the UK the people would suffer badly if it stopped at this moment in its present economic climate. They can't afford to spend on education health, polio alone needs vital funding. Not coming from India.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinhongkong:
    Up until August the Indian Rupee was Asia's worst performing currency. Things are just starting to turn around.

http://articles.economictimes.indiat...e-kaku-nakhate
    They only wish. Doing business in India is as complicated as ever it was nothing's changed despite the present government making more opportunities available.

Infra structure is still one of the worst in the world. But even things like the cast system is really hampering India's development.

Quote Originally Posted by rakedavids:
    Think Greece but with no one to bail them out.

Which bushel are you hiding under. You never knew. Record flight of foreign capital austerity measures, failing loan payments, rapidly shrinking foreign investment, collapsing currency. I dunno if I wasn't on an iPad On my lap i could carry on all night

The days of rampant growth in India are over and are not expected to return anytime soon. Even if the present government won a majority (unlikely)in the up coming elections the austerity must continue for the foreseeable future or the country will implode. Unlikely any more.....

Fuck this iPad....
    shri likes this.