Bush's Farewell Tour

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Aren't we sensitive... I guess you are wrong then

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Aren't we sensitive... I guess you are wrong then
    Guess what you like.

Lammarite - from your link.

"His Royal Highness receives the annual net surplus ....

As a Crown body, the Duchy is tax exempt, but The Prince of Wales voluntarily pays income tax (currently at 40 per cent) on his taxable income from it."

from the Duchy of Cornwall annual report, 2007.

"Revenue surplus for the year up 7.9% to £15.2million"

p.s. nothing personal, I find the majority of your posts accurate, witty and interesting

Last edited by leghk; 18-06-2008 at 12:09 PM.

OK- I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Well I suppose the guillotine is a little out of date...George would surely suggest lethal injection or maybe the electric chair? Mmm which is the only western democracy that still executes people? Something to be proud of..It obviously works so well as a deterrent, crime stats must be a lot better in the US than anywhere else!

Oh, and while people enjoy visiting castles and such, I don't really know too many tourists that manage to have tea with the Queen...

I doubt that the UK would lose many tourists with the royals... France cetainly fares OK without... Maybe the US should have King Bush...
    The death penalty waxes and wanes in the US and I am not so sure it is supported as a deterrent. It only deters those who are plotting and also plotting on being caught and how many of those people can there be?
    I think if you remove the royal family, you also remove the changing of the guard, the horse guards, etc... which would hit British tourism. And france attracts tourists for other reasons (than lack of a royal family).
    And this is straying far off the OP.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4