Like Tree10Likes

The Knock Out Game

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

You can't exactly prosecute someone without proof.....no witness, no case.

I'm sure some of these people are afraid of future repercussions. Most of these assaults are not one on one, but one person from a group attacking a single person while the rest look on.

ouwen
    Quote Originally Posted by oki_boy:

I'm sure some of these people are afraid of future repercussions. Most of these assaults are not one on one, but one person from a group attacking a single person while the rest look on.

The on lookers are also participants in the game, awaiting thier turn to try for the title of "one hitter quitter" knock out king. Some of them are trained in community youth boxing programs.

a couple of years back this happened in my city a few times. caught on camera at bus transfer spots etc. then it just went away. hopefully it doesn't come back again.

ouwen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:
    a couple of years back this happened in my city a few times. caught on camera at bus transfer spots etc. then it just went away. hopefully it doesn't come back again.

Maybe the cameras were instrumental in making it go away. The proliferation of surveillance cameras seems to be doing a lot of good in many places.

Quote Originally Posted by oki_boy:

So I guess the authorities should just not do anything about it? Dismiss it as "travel hazard" to (certain parts) of the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    So I guess the authorities should just not do anything about it? Dismiss it as "travel hazard" to (certain parts) of the US?
    What are they supposed to do? If no one is there to say anyone did something wrong, their hands are tied.

Is it justice? No. But that's how it's setup.

If it were white kids preying on black victims, I think there would be a trial, witness or no witness (Trayvon anyone?). And they would be charged with attempted murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Mundo:
    If it were white kids preying on black victims, I think there would be a trial, witness or no witness (Trayvon anyone?). And they would be charged with attempted murder.
    Yea white kids have a history of being persecuted in the US while black kids get away with murder... Now where is that sarcasm emoticon again?

Quoting one case where the white (wasn't he actually of Spanish descent) person shot and killed an unarmed black person to say that the legal system favours black people in the US is pretty obviously wrong.
    USA40-40 likes this.

for the most part, the legal system is fine. It's the politics thats messed up.

ouwen
    Quote Originally Posted by rathunt:
    Yea white kids have a history of being persecuted in the US while black kids get away with murder... Now where is that sarcasm emoticon again?

Quoting one case where the white (wasn't he actually of Spanish descent) person shot and killed an unarmed black person to say that the legal system favours black people in the US is pretty obviously wrong.

Don't let the PR fool you. US government created racism is extensive. It's their favorite weapon of war, and their favorite recuiting tool. Millions of disadvantaged white and black Southerners, and 80 to 120 million dead Native Americans, among many others, were it's victims. And that's only in North America. Mexican soldiers from Texas were denied veteran's benefits after WWII.
    Last edited by ouwen; 04-12-2013 at 01:21 PM.
    USA40-40 likes this.