Like Tree48Likes

Sinagpore Riots - HK next?

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10

Anyone with an interest in the US prison system, and the link between policy and prisons, I highly recommend this documentary. Includes interviews with David Simon (The Wire)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2125653/

ouwen and Koen like this.

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    I'm blaming the policy makers who allowed privatization of the prison system. Generally speaking, that is Republicans and their silly mindset that everything should be run by the private sector.

Certain sectors of society should not be privatized, the prison/correctional system is one of them.
    Apologies, I thought you were implying that private prison companies were bad because they increased the prison population,. Now you have clarified it is policy makers (hopefully Republicans) who increase the number of prisoners and private prison are bad because they are private. Who manages prisons seems to be an ideological issue so not worth discussing - next you'll be saying education should be nationalised...

ouwen
    Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Apologies, I thought you were implying that private prison companies were bad because they increased the prison population,. Now you have clarified it is policy makers (hopefully Republicans) who increase the number of prisoners and private prison are bad because they are private. Who manages prisons seems to be an ideological issue so not worth discussing - next you'll be saying education should be nationalised...

The US Dept of Education is an institution of isolationist, racist indoctrination designed to produce workers and military volunteers (hired killers). Texas parents must teach Texas history at home.

Lorenzo de Zavalla was a Mexican government official and celebrated intellectual who advocated the independence of Texas immediately upon the separation of Mexico from Spain. US born Texans were shocked. It took years to convince them to fight for independence.

US history pretends that it was Americans that lead the independence movement against an evil dictator, therefore it was justified for US expansionism to take over Texas.

They can't explain why hundreds of Texas schools are named after De Zavalla.
    Last edited by ouwen; 13-12-2013 at 10:44 PM.
    Koen likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10