Anti-American

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I'll add some perspective to this redwriter's rants.

A few weeks ago, he and another user sent us a number of private messages and reported posts - accusing many members (most of whom are American) of being anti-american.

Yes, according to these two individuals, if you are critical of the land of the free and home of the brave, you should be censored.

We rarely ever respond to such windups as they're never productive and our time is usually more valuable than the other persons time.

Hence .. the conclusion .. we're racists.

If you're dumb and you choose to behave like someone who is missing a few genes that control brain development, then you deserve to be discriminated against. Read up on Darwin's theory ...

Last edited by KnowItAll; 20-06-2008 at 10:18 AM.

...wouldn't you be nationalists? I didn't realize Americans were a race.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Yes, according to these two individuals, if you are critical of the land of the free and home of the brave, you should be censored.
    strange. I thought freedom of speech was a central aspect of American civil rights. wonders never cease.

You get one free happy meal for spotting the irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Krad:
    ...wouldn't you be nationalists? I didn't realize Americans were a race.
    According to the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination,

the term "racial discrimination" shall mean any distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race, colour, descent, or national or ethnic origin which has the purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life.

Mummy! He called me a big goofus, make him stop, boohoohoohoo.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    If you're dumb and you choose to behave like someone who is missing a few genes that control brain development, then you deserve to be discriminated against. Read up on Darwin's theory ...
    As most Americans believe Darwin was wrong (along with 25% who believe the Sun revolves around the Earth), don't hold your breath on that one!

Having spend a brief time in a US school, IMO much of this comes from early childhood programming. It's a relief to meet US citizens who have avoiding - or broken - this programming. Unfortunately there are some who have not and some who take it one step further and remind me of Mao's Red Guard.

As most Americans believe Darwin was wrong (along with 25% who believe the Sun revolves around the Earth), don't hold your breath on that one!
    I'd think most religious people would have a problem against something or the other that Darwin has said... not just Americans.

i can't wait to see this movie...

and while we're on the subject of American rights and religion...