Like Tree7Likes

Democracy or Republic

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

My post above attracted the comment "Don't force opinions you don't understand". Which is rather odd. I simply asked a question I didn't express an opinion.

Would whoever gave me the feedback actually like to answer the question?

This is a stupid post, since only Americans would understand the Constitution and system of government. All the people on here are from dictatorships under a Queen and not true elected rulers. Only Americans understand what freedom really means. Sad post, perryco, but you tried to educate a stupid bunch of expats.

PDLM - Don't worry .. even I'm getting dinged by Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde ...

"Dictatorships under a Queen"??? You are the one who needs some educating.

Technically that would be called a monarchy

giles - using redwriter's amusing line of thought - American's would not know the difference between a dictatorship and monarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    giles - using redwriter's amusing line of thought - American's would not know the difference between a dictatorship and monarchy.
    In redwriter's case, arse and elbow spring to mind.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by redwriter:
    Only Americans understand what freedom really means.
    Freedom means being arrested for wearing an anti-war t-shirt. Freedom means not being able to travel freely in one's country. Freedom means being arrested for child abuse because you don't want your child vaccinated. Freedom means being arrested for carrying a sign, "No More War for Oil". Freedom means limiting free speech to "free-speech zones". Freedom means unreasonable searches. Freedom means no due process, no right to counsel, no speedy trial, and no right to a fair and public trial by an impartial jury. Freedom means cruel and unusual punishment.

A way, lost?

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Freedom means being arrested for wearing an anti-war t-shirt. Freedom means not being able to travel freely in one's country. Freedom means being arrested for child abuse because you don't want your child vaccinated. Freedom means being arrested for carrying a sign, "No More War for Oil". Freedom means limiting free speech to "free-speech zones". Freedom means unreasonable searches. Freedom means no due process, no right to counsel, no speedy trial, and no right to a fair and public trial by an impartial jury. Freedom means cruel and unusual punishment.

A way, lost?
    Everyone knows freedom means being able to carry a gun

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    Technically that would be called a monarchy
    As opposed to a constitutional monarchy but I think that would be lost on redwriter. There is a truly terrible show on TV called "Are you brighter than a 5th Grader?". Seeing as my 5th Grader daughter has just done the different forms of Government including these terms, it is clear that redwriter is still stuck at 4th Grade.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast