Like Tree6Likes

WHAT strikes one American woman in four and claims a life in the United States every six hours?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WHAT strikes one American woman in four and claims a life in the United States every six hours?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer:

You would think in these days and age...

It's very sad but good you bring it up.

ouwen
    Far more Americans, mostly women, have been killed in the last dozen years at the hands of their partners than in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    Hello,,, anyone home mr journalist. what about the hundred thousand Iraqi, Afghan and Pakistani women and children killed by US Military men brain washed from childhood to become Hired Killers... You don't see a connection there? What about the hundreds of thousands of US Southerners and Native Americans driven to despair, poverty and alcoholism by Lincoln, the "Great Emancipator"..

A nation that lives by fear, hatred and the sword does not breed compassionate and loving husbands. It breeds fearful women that seek out the meanest psychopath available to father their children.

Quote Originally Posted by ouwen:
    Hello,,, anyone home mr journalist. what about the hundred thousand Iraqi, Afghan and Pakistani women and children killed by US Military men brain washed from childhood to become Hired Killers... You don't see a connection there? What about the hundreds of thousands of US Southerners and Native Americans driven to despair, poverty and alcoholism by Lincoln, the "Great Emancipator"..

A nation that lives by fear, hatred and the sword does not breed compassionate and loving husbands. It breeds fearful women that seek out the meanest psychopath available to father their children.
    Just so that I am clear, you are blaming some guy hitting his wife in 2014 on Abraham Lincoln back in 1860's with a little bit of the current US military action thrown into the mix?
    Think it is time you polished up your tin foil hat again Ouwen...
    bibbju likes this.

Does not surprise me. America, the land of violence and brutality.

Not USA related but that was Kabul in the 60ies.....makes you really wonder sometimes.

bak875 likes this.

ouwen
    Quote Originally Posted by rathunt:
    Just so that I am clear, you are blaming some guy hitting his wife in 2014 on Abraham Lincoln back in 1860's with a little bit of the current US military action thrown into the mix?
    Think it is time you polished up your tin foil hat again Ouwen...
    OK .... Let's explore your theory.... Americans are violent not because of social reasons, but because they carry the genes of asshole Brits like you.........

Most seem to be of Celt background so we can blame that

usehername and Watercooler like this.

A Hong Kong based forum commenting on Women's rights issues is about as funny as a US based forum commenting on US based forum commenting on gun safety......

plenty of work to be done here in regards to protecting vulnerable women from abuses....

Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    A Hong Kong based forum commenting on Women's rights issues is about as funny as a US based forum commenting on US based forum commenting on gun safety......

plenty of work to be done here in regards to protecting vulnerable women from abuses....
    So because the forum is based in HK, we can't discuss women in Kabul or in Paris or in NYC?

Odd.

You dont have to be so sensitive when things are related to the US you know.

It's a great country, with flaws, like many others.

HK women are subjected to plenty of abuses for sure, FDH here too. We debate the last one very regulalry if not daily.

Oldtimer read an article that he thought was worth sharing, Well... good on him.

I personnally had no idea such number was so high (although I am sure there are many ways to interpret some of the numbers etc etc). That doesnt mean I like or respect the US more or less.

Last edited by Mat; 19-03-2014 at 11:27 AM.
    HKFella likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast