Like Tree1Likes

Twitter Blocked

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Twitter Blocked

I guess it is a normal thing if you live in somewhere like North Korea or Iran but looks like Turkey has joined the club of suppressing freedom.

Suppression will fail and Twitter will shit on his head yet again.

Perfectly normal in mainland china. And only slightly less suppressed are the daily dealings of the HK government, according to the report today from Ombudsman. Each day the differences between the mainland govt and the HK govt become smaller and smaller. I predict that in 12 years the HK CE will speak putonghua only.

Mainland China will be exporting all their 'firewall' technology 'round the world very shortly.

But China isn't selling itself as a modern democracy trying to enter the EU. I predict facebook will be banned along with youtube (again) within 2 weeks.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Trance Omega:
    But China isn't selling itself as a modern democracy trying to enter the EU. I predict facebook will be banned along with youtube (again) within 2 weeks.
    Perhaps sooner. The election is on the 30th of March.

Nothing says "corrupt government" and "we're hiding stuff" than the banning of social media.

Those elections are only local. Will be interesting to see how many people he pissed off as twitter just lost 3% of its users (10 million twitter accounts). It is interesting how one of Erdogans main supporters, mayor of Ankara changed his DNS and is tweeting again.

Turkey can have the short-attention-span-one-liner-twitter.

I find the links contained in tweets from people I follow to be invaluable in pointing out articles I would find interesting. Often these are long, thought provoking reads that I would otherwise have been oblivious of. I consider twitter to be another way-finding tool in the vastness of the internet.

Plain speak, it helps me cut through the shit and get to the good stuff quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    I find the links contained in tweets from people I follow to be invaluable in pointing out articles I would find interesting. Often these are long, thought provoking reads that I would otherwise have been oblivious of. I consider twitter to be another way-finding tool in the vastness of the internet.

Plain speak, it helps me cut through the shit and get to the good stuff quickly.
    ...which also can be done by Google+, Facebook, Tumblr, Blogger, and even plain old-school email.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast