Like Tree71Likes

Dear Emily Pankhurst,

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Awesome! I wrote some words on an internet forum that offend you....and nothing happened to anyone.
    What were you expecting? You put forward an idea, I didnt like it - the end.
    Christians and Muslims get offended and wage crusades, inquisitions, jihads, protest at funerals, demand that cartoonists be beheaded, burn flags, people, buildings.
    Umm, no. More than 80% of the world identifies with a religious group.
    A few extreme idiots decide to do the extreme things you describe while the vast majority shrug their shoulders go on with their mundane lives.
    iliketurtles likes this.

Shit. Didnt expect this reaction. I was only asking inxs re: EDL as they have both gone on and on about their dislike of Islam. He is Islamphobic (spelling) but I know he isnt a racist.
    This always puzzles me but its his point of view. Most of my friends are Muslim but also have plenty of Jewish, Christian, Jedi knights etc etc as friends too. End of the day atheists are the minority, globally something like 2-3% of worlds population.
    There is nothing wrong with Islam, Christianity, Taoism etc etc just the people who market it and peddle it and push it on to the masses.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks

usehername likes this.

INXS, you quite patently are a racist and you've been pulled up many times before. If you're not calling Muslims a "pyjama party", you say that the look of all muslims terrify you and that you'd want a nuke to befall a middle eastern country.

For you to deny you're a racist is the most surprising aspect of all of this - something which lends ridicule to your position. At least have the balls to stand behind your convictions. Maybe it is difficult to reconcile your views on race, given that you're in a multi-racial relationship - I have no idea how you explain these views to your children - but it is quite clear to any rational mind that you're a racist.

Hiding behind the utterly simple "Muslims aren't a race" simply doesn't fly. A lot of your fear comes from the fact that these brown people don't integrate into your vision of what the UK society should be which, over the time I have had to read your posts, seems to be white. That's why a bunch of people liken you to a brainless EDL buffoon.

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles:
    INXS, you quite patently are a racist and you've been pulled up many times before. If you're not calling Muslims a "pyjama party", you say that the look of all muslims terrify you and that you'd want a nuke to befall a middle eastern country.

For you to deny you're a racist is the most surprising aspect of all of this - something which lends ridicule to your position. At least have the balls to stand behind your convictions. Maybe it is difficult to reconcile your views on race, given that you're in a multi-racial relationship - I have no idea how you explain these views to your children - but it is quite clear to any rational mind that you're a racist.

Hiding behind the utterly simple "Muslims aren't a race" simply doesn't fly. A lot of your fear comes from the fact that these brown people don't integrate into your vision of what the UK society should be which, over the time I have had to read your posts, seems to be white. That's why a bunch of people liken you to a brainless EDL buffoon.
    No dude...YOU are the racist! Many times you've been caught out exposing the grot between your ears...trying to accuse others of feelings you try so desperately to suppress in yourself when the only one talking about skin colour, race or sexuality is you...it's so obvious to anyone with half a brain who reads your idiotic and patronising rants and responses to any thread that dares to mention religion or any other idea that you can somehow link to race, sexuality or any other of your 'pet' topics that you hope can prop up your ridiculous online persona.

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks

Quote Originally Posted by bibbju:
    You don't know many British Muslim women do you? What you write is true in a perfect world but the UK is far from perfect and many British Muslim women are treated just the same by their families/husbands as they would be if they were Indian/Bangladeshi/Pakistani etc.

"If she chooses to marry in accordance with Sharia law.."???? Aren't aware how little say many British Muslim women have in getting married?! Say no and they can be ostracised, kept prisoner, kidnapped or even murdered. It's hardly free choice for many of them.

You're talking bollocks bibbju and it is the type of sensationalist nonsense which keeps getting spouted out.

I have quite a number of Muslim friends (and Hindus whose views and processes on marriage are similar) actually. Not one of them has ever been threatened with, let alone actually "kept prisoner, kidnapped or even murdered" nor have any women they know. You make it sound like it is commonplace when the reality is that it is a massively rare occurrence.

The risk of being ostracised is far more likely but this is a much better situation to be in than the same in a muslim country for the reasons mentioned before.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    No dude...YOU are the racist! Many times you've been caught out exposing the grot between your ears...trying to accuse others of feelings you try so desperately to suppress in yourself when the only one talking about skin colour, race or sexuality is you...it's so obvious to anyone with half a brain who reads your idiotic and patronising rants and responses to any thread that dares to mention religion or any other idea that you can somehow link to race, sexuality or any other of your 'pet' topics that you hope can prop up your ridiculous online persona.

Sent from my iPad using GeoClicks
    Are you talking about yourself in the third person again?

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8