World cup vote for Qatar

Closed Thread

World cup vote for Qatar

If the vote for the 2022 World Cup for Qatar is re-run after the revelations of the corruption beforehand, then will the officials that took the bribes have to give the money back?

If the vote is done again, I wonder if it will go to China? Could Hong Kong be a host city?

Do I detect a case of sour-grapes-titus among some Brits here?

Kidding aside, it seems pretty obvious some underhanded techniques were used to give Qatar the World Cup. This latest report is only a confirmation of the widespread suspicions about how Qatar got the cup. But Fifa will never change the venue, doing so would be an open admission of corruption and failure on their part and Fifa would never risk such a blow to their standing.

Last edited by Watercooler; 02-06-2014 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Do I detect a case of sour-grapes-titus among some Brits here?
    'Britain' does not compete to host the world cup.

England did bid to host the 2018 world cup which went to Russia.

Sepp Blatter (sometime in the near future):

"Even though there were no improprieties during the first vote, we're going to redo the vote for the 2022 World Cup. Fill out your ballot and send it directly to the FIFA satellite office in the Cayman Islands. Be sure to use the official FIFA ballot. Just in case you are unsure what it looks like, please refer to the photo below. In fact, to be absolutely sure which country you are voting for, please write the name of the your choice for host on five different official FIFA ballots and send them to our Cayman Islands offices."

Official FIFA World Cup Ballot

Last edited by huja; 02-06-2014 at 11:51 PM.