• 4 Post By Rob2020
  • 2 Post By drumbrake
  • 1 Post By closedcasket

Edward Snowdon - Hero, traitor or is the jury still out

Closed Thread

Edward Snowdon - Hero, traitor or is the jury still out

Interesting poll in the SCMP today

http://www.scmp.com/comment/polls

Has Edward Snowdon's revelations made the world a safer place by pushing back the power of the state?

He may have been played by the KGB.... just a pawn?

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-spies-3659815

TPTB (The Powers That Be) would have us believe Snowden is a coward, a liar and a small potato.
    They perpetrate this under their own assumption they are telling a (to borrow from Plato) a "Noble Lie" - some truth that only the Elites could possibly fathom, that we farmers would be rendered adrift lest we be exposed to such knowledge.

The state, like any institution, requires external moderation and review (and no, I do not mean Rupert) - Snowden has slapped us in the face with a cold fish, hoping to stir our curiosities further than simply who's doing well in American Idle - it is up to us a society to pay attention and demand further inquiry.

There are many false statements and accusations leveled against Snowden, I encourage you to watch his (fact checked) interview on NBC to hear his side before you repeat what you've been told.

In short, safer place? not yet, smarter place? maybe, just maybe.

Al Gore described the leaking of top secret intelligence documents as "an important service".

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ervice-al-gore

shri and bookblogger like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    TPTB (The Powers That Be) would have us believe Snowden is a coward, a liar and a small potato.
    They perpetrate this under their own assumption they are telling a (to borrow from Plato) a "Noble Lie" - some truth that only the Elites could possibly fathom, that we farmers would be rendered adrift lest we be exposed to such knowledge.

The state, like any institution, requires external moderation and review (and no, I do not mean Rupert) - Snowden has slapped us in the face with a cold fish, hoping to stir our curiosities further than simply who's doing well in American Idle - it is up to us a society to pay attention and demand further inquiry.

There are many false statements and accusations leveled against Snowden, I encourage you to watch his (fact checked) interview on NBC to hear his side before you repeat what you've been told.

In short, safer place? not yet, smarter place? maybe, just maybe.
    I always liked how those holier-than-thou US politicians were caught with their pants thanks to Snowden. Their condemnations of Snowden rings hollow. Its just like the emperor with no clothes.

Over hyped media story. Nothing I didn't already know. Governments have been spying on people & other governments for a long time, and they will continue to do so.

Only difference is that they might have to cover their tracks a little better now.

kimwy66 likes this.

The first NSA:

I thought Snowden linking US embassy to CIA quite interesting.

See if you guys recognize one or two of them in your own encounter through this video.

Last edited by Creative83; 12-06-2014 at 12:50 PM.