Like Tree27Likes

Ebola 101

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Here we go again....

If this Ebola outbreak had happened in Holland, instead of Africa..... Would you have arked up if somebody made a comment about Discovery Bay, or the Mid Levels where a large concentration of European foreigners live ?
    Quote Originally Posted by parryhotter:
    People will find racism anywhere if it's already in their own minds. You've completely nailed it.
    Go ahead, keep barking up the wrong tree. And jerk each other off while you're at it, why don't you.

Since you seem to enjoy getting off on hypotheses, I may as well oblige you - if somebody made a comment about DB or the Mid-Levels, I would probably advise them to avoid all contact with Dutch fruit bats, monkeys and forest antelopes, if I were to see any in DB/Mid-Levels, though I have no idea how I would differentiate between African ones and Dutch ones, so I'd be grateful if you could assist in shedding some light on this.

Sorry I can't engage you further, but I choose to deal with the immediate reality. Yes, there may be many people from West Africa in Chunking, but are they a part of some fruit bat smuggling-syndicate that I haven't heard about? And unless I wanted to make out with a stranger from the African continent, or steal their half-eaten meal for later consumption, I don't get why I should be avoiding Chunking.

By the way, since you bring up the issue of racism, in some countries, racism in its various forms is against the law. However, stupidity isn't, so, again... be my guest.

My bad for coming across as what INXS would call a liberal soft-cock.
    bibbju likes this.

Back to Ebola, the number of deaths seems to have been consistently around the 15 per day mark for the last couple of weeks. Of course each of those deaths is devastating for those involved but a fraction of the number of Palestinians being killed each day.

"Back to Ebola"

Agreed! Let's not go off topic!

"a fraction of the number of Palestinians being killed each day."

kimwy66 likes this.

CDC confirms first Ebola case diagnosed in US

I know everyone is glued to the Occupy stuff right now, but the news is out that 1st confirmed Ebola in US. Keep an eye on this one folks. And everyone pray it won't reach HK.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:

I know everyone is glued to the Occupy stuff right now, but the news is out that 1st confirmed Ebola in US. Keep an eye on this one folks. And everyone pray it won't reach HK.
    Whatever faults or doubts I have of the US in general, I have confidence the CDC does have the ability and resources to contain Ebola in the US. So I am pretty sure Ebola won't spread in the US.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Whatever faults or doubts I have of the US in general, I have confidence the CDC does have the ability and resources to contain Ebola in the US. So I am pretty sure Ebola won't spread in the US.
    yeah, not worried about the US since people don't even rely on public transportation and it's not densely populated in most places compared with West Africa. plus the resource available is more than enough. just worried that you start seeing people with the disease traveling out of the outbreak zone to reach other parts of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler:

The person caught it in Liberia and stepped on a plane. No different to the 2 aid workers that were brought back to America, except that they were diagnosed prior to getting on the plane. 1st world medical treatment and 1st world containment =/= an outbreak in US

also praying for HK ... or you could actually do something, like donating to a charity working in West Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    The person caught it in Liberia and stepped on a plane. No different to the 2 aid workers that were brought back to America, except that they were diagnosed prior to getting on the plane. 1st world medical treatment and 1st world containment =/= an outbreak in US

also praying for HK ... or you could actually do something, like donating to a charity working in West Africa.

Must you hijack every issue into your personal crusade against religion?

Guess you never stop to think people pray and donate.

Btw, I will pray for the ebola victims and donate. So sue me.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 01-10-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Pray to the god who created the disease?

HowardCoombs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    Pray to the god who created the disease?
    Which god is that?

I don't know what religion did to you, but this is an ebola thread, not I-hate-religion thread.
    Last edited by Cho-man; 01-10-2014 at 11:30 AM.