Is Biden the new Cheney?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is Biden the new Cheney?

Is Joe Biden the democratic answer to Cheney? The guy who will keep the inexperienced president in line and make the ticket look good?

Bit surprised - was hoping for something a bit different and not someone as much of an establishment person as Biden (along with the fact that the only real experience he has is political - never been a businessman or a worker..)

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

even more insidious

Why surprised? Every Democrat in the US was hoping for it to be Biden.

Well, a lot were also hoping for Clinton.

A poll on Drudge showed that many were even hoping for a surprise non-establishment pick.

I guess the focus is now on Hillary and Bubba's speeches and then on who McCain's running mate will be.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowItAll:
    Bit surprised - was hoping for something a bit different and not someone as much of an establishment person as Biden (along with the fact that the only real experience he has is political - never been a businessman or a worker..)
    You were hoping for some sort of a...now what's the word I am looking for..."change"?
    What in the world made you hope for that?
    It's definitely a rather audacious wish.

A huge disappointement indeed...

Nothing against Biden but if Obama really wanted to make things different and be different then he should have probably chosen somebody else....

What was supposed to be a great campaign with promising changes is slowly but surely turning into something rather disappointing...

Bills have to be paid and debt collected... Cosmetics and optics... There is bad and there is worse and there's even worse and then there's Bush. That's my view of all politicians

I'm glad he didn't pick Hillary, not exactly happy he picked yet another old dude to be his side-man.

Gotta give him credit for not picking Hilary as he did nothing but bash and slam her and tell the US public how bad she would be for president. She did the same.

Politics is stupid, but American politics is just ____!.

First off, Joe Biden is no Dick Cheney.

As far as him being a career politician (elected to the US Senate at 29) he is. As far as him not being in business ever, it's a good thing if you look at what Cheney has wrought upon the USA with his connections to war and old firms/employers.

They all say bad things about each other as this ad from John McCain shows.

Jonathan Martin's Blog: McCain to air Biden TV ad - Politico.com

Part of me wanted Hillary Clinton as I'd like to see a safer world and I don't think the Republicans will do that even John McCain. While everyone would say that Hillary was old politics and divisive and her husband is a hard dog to keep on the porch(Hillary's words apparently), she would appeal to women, blue collar workers and they will need every one of them and these blue collar guys or Obama is toast. They also can't afford to have Dems not vote for Obama.

The gamble is that Joe Biden can help appeal to the blue collar voters and be left enough to get Clinton folks voting on election day. But to win they need a percentage of soft Republican swing type voters which I think could have been women who might have swung to Hillary feeling their time is now and let's get that first woman in the Executive ranks - where she can later run for President as she is a young 60.

Biden I like. Americans will across the other parties will too.

Right now Obama is looking weak and Obama like Jack Kennedy did in 1960, when he went to Lyndon Johnson of Texas for his VP, should have gone to Hillary.

Who frigging cares if that means Bill is out diddling more. He'd not be the first one to do that on the side nor the last. I'd sooner have a person in public office that has low private morals over the Bush and Cheney gang who profess high private morality but whose public morality includes wars and coups and kangaroo courts for those they capture.

Hillary - Obama would have healed the wounds in their party significantly and would recognize how many millions of Americans voted for her over Joe Biden who didn't muster much interest on the national stage. I could have been happy with Bill Richardson also. I like the Democrats for world peace and harmony over the war mongering, sleazy politics that has characterized the Republican Party since the Bill Clinton days in office. That party's supporters know how to slime and sleaze anyone opponent and their self righteousness on issues of morality is disgusting in light of their guys all getting caught at the same thing they slime the Dems for.

The US style of politics has crept into Canada in recent years and I look at the quality of the average candidate for office right up to cabinet ministers and it is disgusting as I am old enough to remember good and decent people in every political party - and the same for the USA when the Republicans were not the party of slime but a party of integrity.

Joe Biden has never lived in Washington DC and went home to Delaware by train every night as his first wife and I think a daughter were killed in a car crash. He raised his remaining kids.

He is out spoken and that will be an issue but I'd never have a concern about his integrity or what he might do like I do with Cheney.

Last edited by Football16; 27-08-2008 at 09:39 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast