Like Tree11Likes

Canada shooting and I'm done with twitter

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canada shooting and I'm done with twitter

The only thing I've found useful in Twitter has been to keep eye on fast moving news.

Since the OC, I've found reddit live to be far more useful.
    Tonight, another breaking news and another live site. I cant see myself ever using Twitter again:
    [live] Parliament Hill attacked, soldier shot at National War Memorial in Ottawa

Looks like IS has sympathizers in Canada too.
    Read the the mayor of amsterdam warned about possible attacks. Taking that more serious now (family back home).

ps: guys IS has seriously nothing to do with Islam. Don't abuse the religion plz

I always thought Sergeant at arms was a ceremonial position. I've now learned that the good Sergeant actually has and knows how to use arms!

HK_Katherine likes this.

About twitter .. it all depends on who you follow.

I tend to find Twitter to be a little bit more verified than reddit which has a lot of noise (mostly because I follow people.. not hashtags).

Bob Loblaw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtmesome:
    Looks like IS has sympathizers in Canada too.
    3 USA runaway girls (all sub 18) were caught in Germany while transfer flights on their way to Syria to join IS.

3 girls skipped school to sneak off and join ISIS - CNN.com

That's not really worrying. I am way more worried about those sympathizers that bring IS to us.

'Nothing to do with islam'? You have been hoodwinked totally if you subscribe to this idea. Islam is based on fear and feeds on fear. Yeah, the preachers carry a decrepit book in one hand and a sharp sword in the other. Then they speak of justice, mercy, love and forty virgins if you can kill the foreigner.
    Take your head from the sand.

rathunt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurtmesome:
    IS has seriously nothing to do with Islam.
    You mean the IS top level domain that stands for Island, right? You are correct then.

But here we talk about IS = Islamic State

Here it's explained a bit further:

BBC News - What is Islamic State?

IS is Islamic like the Spanish Inquisition was Catholic. Pretending that IS has nothing to do with Islam is ridiculous and does nothing but give them a louder voice within Islam.

I knew a religious debate is going to happen about the evils of the Islamic religion. I just knew it. A lot easier to focus on that than dealing with the more pressing matter of stopping ISIS.

Last edited by Cho-man; 23-10-2014 at 10:34 AM.
    ecy5maa likes this.

Claiming IS is not Islamic is like claiming Fred Phelps is not a Christian and is also like claiming Stalin, PolPot, Dahmer were not Atheists.
    But WFT does this have to do with the shooting in Ottawa?

No group, Islamic or otherwise, has claimed responsibility for either the attack in Ottawa or the Montreal incident.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast