Who will win?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Then you better start calling a very large percentage of the population mixed... Not that many people are "pure bred"

The guy looks black so let's all him black and make a bunch of people happy for reaching a landmark...

IT'S OFFICIAL PEOPLE : OBAMA WON!!

Obama won!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing!!!!!!!!! Woooooohooooooooooo~~~~ I'm not American but I got really into this election. I thought that my respect for the US would be elevated if Obama won, and I kept thinking it would have been too good to be true!!! And now it's TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOWWWWWWWWWW!!!

Looks like winning is an understatement here..The republicans are getting crushed... Looks like th house and the senate will also be democratic. No excuse not to get things done now...

Quote Originally Posted by FilipH:
    IT'S OFFICIAL PEOPLE : OBAMA WON!!
    Only the beginning.

But, I'm with the believers in second chances.

(Yeah... us poor saps.)

Thumbs up

Truth be told, McCain concession speech was pretty amazing. Well written, well spoken ... Respect for the old man!

He had a while to get it prepared... The writing was on the wall and I'm sure he knew that

Back in Toronto now - after 10 1/2 years in HK
    Quote Originally Posted by FilipH:
    Truth be told, McCain concession speech was pretty amazing. Well written, well spoken ... Respect for the old man!
    Agree - a very honourable man. Have had admiration for him from years ago. Had hoped he'd be the one to run against Gore in 2000 (also remember those unfair personal smeer dirty tricks against him from the Bushies). But 2008 is a long time from 2000, and this election I thought it was too late for him and that Obama would be the one to capture the mood of the nation and inspire and lead the generational change after the inexorable mess to be found everywhere under Bush's watch (regardless of cause). As it turns out from Cnn's tables just being broadcast, the younger the voter segment the higher was the %age of votes for Obama, and vice versa.

Also agree with Football 16 on another thread - Palin decision must have been the nail in the coffin. Was surprised at such an uncharacteristically irresponsible decision and error of judgement for such a potentially important post. In hindsight, he probably knew it was an uphill task and this was a wild gamble. What's with GOP running mates in recent years - Quayle, Cheney, Palin!