Like Tree86Likes

Ferguson - No Charge against officer Wilson

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

The 'original' damning 'evidence' of "the cop shot the kid in the back" / "the cop shot the kid in the back while he was running away" was disproven through physical evidence investigation - isn't it interesting how (un)reliable witnesses can be?

Personally though, I don't think the crux of the matter has anything to do with a kid being shot, it's something far deeper which won't be resolved through the judicial system nor through fencing of stolen tv's.

bshantell likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2020:
    Personally though, I don't think the crux of the matter has anything to do with a kid being shot, it's something far deeper which won't be resolved through the judicial system nor through fencing of stolen tv's.
    The outpourings of emotion in this small town are surely just the symptoms of a country that has significant social issues that are not being addressed.

How to identify the ones that can be tackled is a bigger question.
    Rob2020, shri and greenmark like this.

I'm all for the NO charge against Officer Wilson.
    I love this comment.

take a swing at a cop and you get shot. why is this so difficult to understand? it's not a subtle point. there is no "one or two swing" rule. there's no, you get to rough the cop up in his car and then just walk away. you take a swing at a cop and you get shot. in fact, you get shot even if you didn't reach for his gun. you strong arm rob a liquor store and you'll also get shot. it's that simple. again, try not being dragged into the "why didn't officer wilson just ______". the officer was trained and he acted. if you don't like the way he acted, then talk about the rules. it isn't the officers fault. ok - go ahead, burn your neighborhood. riot. mayhem. whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    I'm all for the NO charge against Officer Wilson.
    I love this comment.
    Yeah. Thank god things don't work this way in HK. Or where I come from. Or in any other country I ever lived or visited (except the US).

Oh well, let them shoot one another, if that's what the rules are over there.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    The outpourings of emotion in this small town are surely just the symptoms of a country that has significant social issues that are not being addressed.

How to identify the ones that can be tackled is a bigger question.
    sounds like Hong Kong!!

Quote Originally Posted by Liked:
    Yeah. Thank god things don't work this way in HK. Or where I come from. Or in any other country I ever lived or visited (except the US).

Oh well, let them shoot one another, if that's what the rules are over there.
    You don't come from a country or have visited a country where punching cops, trying to steal their guns, then charging at them to attack them again warrants getting shot? What criminal wonderland do you live in?
    Dankleness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by methosb:
    You don't come from a country or have visited a country where punching cops, trying to steal their guns, then charging at them to attack them again warrants getting shot? What criminal wonderland do you live in?
    I think you need to broaden your understanding of how policing works in more civilised countries. In the UK your average policeman doesn't carry a firearm (he has no reason to) so yes, absolutely, if someone charged at UK officer, punched him, threatened him etc, then there is a guarantee of the assailant not being pumped full of bullets.

There appears to be this mentality of police officers in the USA being totally untouchable and unaccountable. My own experience backs this up as do many reports over the years.

Where you mentioned the "facts" before you muddied that with the testimony of the police officer in question. So you also need to understand the definition of "facts" before you start bullying people down again.

There's a real issue that American citizens have with the way police act, and this isn't confined to "The Guardian" nor is it confined to looters who you seem to detest.

You (and others) suggest that the mere fact that a grand jury decision came back in the negative to proceed to charge the officer as irrefutable proof of his innocence. This does not take into account the legal parameters within which the decision is made - the very same legal parameters that a lot of people have an issue with. In the USA a police officer may use fatal force if he "reasonably" "believes" his life is in danger. This is an oxymoron because it applies both subjective and objective tests and the result is that it is very difficult to quantify. Add to this the seemingly generally accepted policy of police officers being untouchable and unaccountable and, "factually", you do have murderers who stalk the streets looking for their next prey.

Anecdotally, the last time I was in the states, my wife went to ask directions from a police officer and all she got in response was "nice tits". Really classy. If I'd have reacted to that by smacking the police officer and then being shot for it, a "moron" (using your expression) like you would be upholding this festering, rotten concept I'm sure. In many more civilised countries, you'd be able to act with a much higher degree of impunity and in return, police officers act with much more respect and understanding.
    Last edited by ummbongo; 26-11-2014 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by methosb:
    Hong Kong

HK_Katherine and drumbrake like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ummbongo:
    There's a real issue that American citizens have with the way police act, and this isn't confined to "The Guardian" nor is it confined to looters who you seem to detest.
    How can you not detest them? Honouring the dead kid? Care about the community? Tired of not being treated like a human being? Rubbish. The animals see some weak shop owners and are in a pack so hell yea I will help myself to 50 pairs of Air Jordans and a new TV.

lets all not forget that this is about USA the land of the FREE where everyone has the right to bear arms so policing the land of the free is done proper Old western style, if in doubt shoot 1st ask questions later.

Cho-man and bshantell like this.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast