Like Tree34Likes

America's war on science

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    You don't sound like you believe in evolution though....
    Why should having questions make it sound like I don't believe in evolution? I believe but this does not mean I can not have questions. There are lots of things I believe to be true but would still have questions about. Isn't that how it should be?
    jgl likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Sorry to be presumptious, I was just going by your response. I agree that article was crap but it is useful to have people on the extremes shall we say who ask questions. Challenge is good if only to help confirm our previously held views. So do the intermediary fish fossils display a movement to a dual system of breathing in water and air or what?

Very interesting TS, thanks. Totally logical argument as there would be no downside to being able to breathe through the spiracles or whatever they were called. The article is only a year old so a new discovery. One less thing for me to wonder about.

Science has been very successful in making once terrifying deseases now appear harmless.

Which leads clueless celebrities to think there is no need to have kids vacinated

Which leads to diseases becoming terrible again.

How many kids will need to die before the clueless celebrity looks at the science....

Last edited by East_coast; 30-01-2015 at 10:42 PM.
    rathunt likes this.

Also happening in the UK. Some scientists said the MMR vaccine was linked to autism, people believed them and then went further to say that all vaccines are harmful. We even had a poster on here who was strongly anti-vaccines (and he regularly accused me of being irrational).

Australia is doing a good job fighting science too.

STOP PROGRESS NOW!

Ever notice that majority if not all of the anti vaccination camp are the wives ( usually 7 seater SUV driving ) stay at home soccer mums, who previously held a professional career ? i see them running along Tai Mong Tsai road ( SK ) in the morning in little packs of 3 fembots, all suited up in their multi coloured flouro ( LOOK AT ME ) jump suits. Haha POGANS ie Professional Bogans

Seems to affect a certain type of over achieving, (FIGJAM ) professional couple with kids, from natively English speaking western nations most and yep, that especially includes Australia. I haven't come across this lot in passing conversation at kids birthday parties with my non natively English speaking expat friends, funnily enough.

Everybody in my household is immunized, even the family pets, just plain common sense.

Last edited by Skyhook; 31-01-2015 at 10:07 AM.

Well Britney, because where I live, we have a relatively big but concentrated expat community, you get to know the particular cliques in Sai Kung, where they drink, where they don't lol etc etc. So yeah, I know the fembots by name and know who their husbands are, as you tend to bump into people during Friday night drinks at Steamers/Anthonys Ranch or at the 2 Yacht Clubs in the area.

So yeah, what I say is valid enough from my experienced observation .

Last edited by Skyhook; 31-01-2015 at 11:14 AM.

And as usual in the US, the stupidest people seem to be those elected by the populace:

Vaccination debate flares in GOP presidential race, alarming medical experts - The Washington Post