Like Tree13Likes

Good luck to all.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Good luck to all.

We-the-posters here provide content for free. That allows the owners of the Geoexpat business to make some income from the ads, etc here. There's nothing wrong with the model. But there's an inherent contract in that model, that I had thought included the right of Free Speech, so long as opinions were expressed with respect for all.

I think if you look at what I have posted in various sections, it is of some value. (I had received many "Likes", and one of my posts got a good mention for Geoexpat in the SCMP.) My posts have always been "on the high road" with no abuse aimed at anyone. (With the sole exception, of return a tiny amount of mud to someone who made a mission of flinging mud in my direction.)

The Editors here decided, in their wisdom, that a thread examining the issues of 9/11 did have not place among the active threads on G-Ex. I disagree.

I believe there is no appeal process.

Therefore, I refuse to post any further contents on G-Ex unless and until the Editors can explain their decision adequately. Or until I change my mind, which is not impossible.

If the Moderators decide to delete my account before I change my mind, that is their business. But I may not even know.

Meantime: Good-bye and Good luck.

If world events shock those who have kept their minds closed on the issue of 9/11 (and or other very real probable False Flags masquerading under flawed "Official Stories"), then do not say you have not been warned.

Last edited by OffThePeak; 13-04-2015 at 09:23 AM.
    Rob2020 and Liked like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OffThePeak:
    But there's an inherent contract in that model, that I had thought included the right of Free Speech, so long as opinions were expressed with respect for all.
    You thought wrong.
    I think if you look at what I have posted in various sections, it is of some value.
    I'm certain that lots of people disagree, hence the actions of the Editor.
    The Editors here decided, in their wisdom, that a thread examining the issues of 9/11 did have not place among the active threads on G-Ex. I disagree.
    I believe there is no appeal process.

Therefore, I refuse to post any further contents on G-Ex unless and until the Editors can explain their decision adequately. Or until I change my mind, which is not impossible.
    Yay! Less conspiracy theories leaves room for better content.
    Meantime: Good-bye and Good luck.
    If world events shock those who have kept their minds closed on the issue of 9/11 (and or other very real probable False Flags masquerading under flawed "Official Stories"), then do not say you have not been warned.

All threads have a life. Contentious threads are almost always closed down eventually. Yours actually lasted much longer than the "average" life for a contentious thread to be honest. I too have had threads shut down I cared about, and found it upsetting. But you get over it. I thought your postings on almost everything except the 9-11 thread were useful and interesting, which is why I found your 9-11 thread so astonishing. You really need to recognise you were in the minority on that one and move on.

gunsnroses and jgl like this.

Katherine has a good point- contentious threads usually have a shelf life before boring the living crap out of each other and turning into a repetition of the same points from participants that never meet any common ground. The 9/11 thread was one such example- you were never going to convince anyone and nobody was every going to convince you. I was also suprised that it went on for as long as it did.

Don't take it so personally. Most of the frequent posting regulars have been in threads that were locked. Also, don't consider the thread 'yours' because you started it and stayed with it... I've noticed that when people seem to think that they own a thread, they just tend to get more and more upset in it until they explode.

Threads like that always get closed. It's probably healthy for everyone involved just to move on to some other bunch of topics.

Last edited by jgl; 13-04-2015 at 10:45 AM.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Goddammt jgl!!! I was going to add "flogging dead cows" to your flogging dead horse comment, but you edited it out!!!
    Yeah but totally agree with HK_K that threads can't go on forever, and unless you are WC, there is a limit to rehashing arguments or "creatively creating" new arguments.

Haha, I always edit my posts

Though for HK, perhaps water buffalo would be more appropriate.

Yeah, the only way unfortunately to deal with WC-infested threads seems to be to lock the user, instead of the thread. Which is a pity as he seemed to have cleaned up during one of his more recent bans and turned into a pretty interesting poster, before going off the rails again.

Speaking of deceased quadrupeds, have you noticed that the Occupy/Twitter update thread has passed three hundred pages now?

Last edited by jgl; 13-04-2015 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Edit: Sometimes right up to the time limit of the edit window.

All the best ...

Your 9/11 thread lasted a lot longer, simply because you had some other high quality posts.

Unfortunately, there is only so much we can deal with, members can deal with and all that ... And ironically, there is an element of common good involved in shutting down some threads.

Everyone gets posts deleted or threads closed. 9/11 is a bit of an odd issue -- it's one I personally don't care much to spend my time thinking about whether or not there are any conspiracies, and it's even been awhile since it happened. It's also not that closely related to Hong Kong, and this is a forum about HK (granted that thread was in the global section). There are lots of other internet forums out there that would be more suited to discussing the topic you raised. So don't take it too personally at all.

shri, jimbo and jgl like this.

Most posts have a short shelf life before it should be put to bed.

Yours happened to be one of them even though it did seem to drag for a while.

I for one didn't click on it die to the fact it was one of those epic looking threads to rival the bible.

Just because you have lots of likes etc for other posts it doesn't give you preferential treatment.
    I've known the boss for years and he treats me no differently than everybody else.
    Heck I wouldn't have it any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    All threads have a life. Contentious threads are almost always closed down eventually. Yours actually lasted much longer than the "average" life for a contentious thread to be honest. I too have had threads shut down I cared about, and found it upsetting. But you get over it. I thought your postings on almost everything except the 9-11 thread were useful and interesting, which is why I found your 9-11 thread so astonishing. You really need to recognise you were in the minority on that one and move on.
    So what if he was in the minority? Dissenting views are not tolerated? Does everybody need to agree with the majority and strive to be Mr. Popular? Where are we? In China? Or in kindergarten?
    Last edited by Liked; 13-04-2015 at 11:17 AM.
    Rob2020 and Skyhook like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast