Like Tree49Likes

Bali 9

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ern:
    If this was China executing Australians, would they still withdraw their ambassador?
    What's the point of withdrawing the ambassador anyway? It's just a symbolic gesture.

i think i read that only some of the shooters guns are loaded yeah? is this so they don't really know whose bullet actually does the deed?

wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankleness:
    i think i read that only some of the shooters guns are loaded yeah? is this so they don't really know whose bullet actually does the deed?
    I read that one of them chose not to be blindfolded. I think I would also want not to be blindfolded because I wouldn't want the suspense and the wait. I would rather see what happens. I am not saying this to be funny or witty or something, it's just the way I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Liked:
    What's the point of withdrawing the ambassador anyway? It's just a symbolic gesture.
    Its more of a political gesture to placate those in Australia who are unhappy with these executions. Canberra knows full well they can't do much about it, so they withdraw the ambassadors to show to their own citizens they are doing "something". In reality, it won't change one iota about the executions, but in this case, its all about political image.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    It has upset a nation, because fair dinkum Aussies will always give a fair go to those that have shown that they deserve a 2nd chance, we'll roll our sleeves up and lend a hand like we did during the boxing day Tsunami, nobody else invested SO MUCH money or provided the man power that we did ( I was there ) to help this selfish shithead of a country, that doesnt lift a finger to offer help to anybody. When Queensland had its floods, Sydney its recent storms, did we hear of any offer of assistance from the Indonesian govt...? of course not. !
    Not taking the piss here, serious question: All I kept reading was that the two ringleaders were reformed in that one was born again Christian and the other was an artist. On the surface of it, neither seems particularly compelling, and if anything it strikes me that the born again Christian would have been a bit less terrified of being executed.

Was there more to it than this?

All shooters get bullets, but some are blanks so they all shoot but only some will do the deed, its so that they dont know who actually killed the prisoner.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Not taking the piss here, serious question: All I kept reading was that the two ringleaders were reformed in that one was born again Christian and the other was an artist. On the surface of it, neither seems particularly compelling, and if anything it strikes me that the born again Christian would have been a bit less terrified of being executed.

So what second chances do some of their target customers and their families get?
    HK_Katherine likes this.

3 out of the 12 will carry a live round.

right that's what i thought, pretty rough.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:

I am sure it was just to raise sympathy. Plus, they need something to do if they stay 10 years in prison. Actually I found the paintings of "the artist" quite nice! Eg:

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast