Like Tree1Likes

QE4 or interest rate rise?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Drunken Master:
    Aircraft, cars, medical equipment, meat, pharmaceuticals etc
    Earth moving equipment ( Caterpillar ) , aircraft parts & tyres, petrochemicals, avionics, automation systems, luxury motor bikes ( Indian & Harley for example ) , boats ( My dad owned a FourWinns Horizon 400 back in the 90's, best boat he ever owned ) helicopters ( Mcdonnell Douglas, Sikorsky, Robinson, Bell ) mid to high end electric guitars ( Gibson & Rickenbacker), high end audio gear ( McIntosh, Wilson Audio, Sunfire, QuickSilver etc etc etc etc ) for example... ... just a few off the top of my head.

All lovely stuff but not for beer drinking budgets or for those that just dont appreciate quality construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Liked:
    I didnt know they export anything. I havent seen a US-manufactured product for ages. Are they any good?
    Where have you lived over the last 20 years Liked, that you didn't come across American products domestically, or commercially ?
    Last edited by Skyhook; 20-09-2015 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Earth moving equipment ( Caterpillar ) , aircraft parts & tyres, petrochemicals, avionics, automation systems, luxury motor bikes ( Indian & Harley for example ) , boats ( My dad owned a FourWinns Horizon 400 back in the 90's, best boat he ever owned ) helicopters ( Mcdonnell Douglas, Sikorsky, Robinson, Bell ) mid to high end electric guitars ( Gibson & Rickenbacker), high end audio gear ( McIntosh, Wilson Audio, Sunfire, QuickSilver etc etc etc etc ) for example... ... just a few off the top of my head.

All lovely stuff but not for beer drinking budgets or for those that just dont appreciate quality construction.

Where have you lived over the last 20 years Liked, that you didn't come across American products domestically, or commercially ?
    Well, all these things you mentioned aren't really very common, are they? Helicopters, boats, electric guitars, luxury bikes, etc....

Besides, seriously, some of these brands I never even heard. I heard Harley Davidson of course, but Indian?? Is that a brand of motorbikes?? Helicopters? I heard of McDonnel Douglas, but never heard of Sikorsky, Robinson, Bell. Are you sure that these things are actually exported? Methinks that European and Japanese can make much better bikes and helicopters (I can come up with 10 brands of Japanese and European bikes for example, but only one American: Harley), and nobody but Americans actually buy these American products.

Sorry

Looks like 2016 at the earliest then. Plenty of time for some more bad news between now and then.

‘Dreadful’ US jobs growth pushes back hopes of Fed interest rate rise - Telegraph

QE4 or interest rate rise?

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    You know, there are so many ways to manipulate statistics. I believe it when I see it.
    There is also big difference between jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks
    Many moons later
    jrkob likes this.

Some of the committee members have changed their mind and think a raise this year is not appropriate